Hardcotton’s much anticipated Kickstarter campaign for their revolutionary pressure controlled stereolithography (SLA) 3D printer has launched.
Hailed as one of the biggest innovations seen from the consumer side of the SLA 3D printer market, Elemental is a desktop SLA 3D printer with a difference. Like other SLA printers, Elemental utilises a laser system to cure photosensitive resins. Unlike other SLA printers though, Elemental uses a pressure control system to control resin levels when an object is being built.
Scott Pobihun, Hardcotton Co-founder and CEO said “Elemental achieves high quality 3D prints at an affordable price. Early supporters of our campaign are able to secure their very own Elemental for $950 (AUD).”
• Simple design that is attractive and functional
• Multiple printing modes with resin only or resin suspension
• Quiet when printing and simple to use
• Minimal calibration required
• Patent pending technology
• Reduced dependency on support structures
This revolutionary technology fills the gap between low-end hobbyist machines with limited resolution and high-end printers that cost tens of thousands of dollars.
• Very large build area for SLA - up to 200mm x 200mm x 200mm (7.87in x 7.87in x 7.87in)
• Z control accurate to 1 micron
• 24-bit XY control resolution (variable through software)
• Variable output 405nm laser
• Pressure control of layer heigh
• Stand-alone SD-card printing
• Bluetooth functionality
A high quality 3D printer capable of being mass produced
No longer limited to low-end FDM machines, users can now affordably print parts with the complex geometries and intricate detail necessary for professional quality design and digital fabrication.
"Whilst Elemental will be attractive to consumers, it will also be attractive to industry and is the ideal device to sit on desks and workstations everywhere" says Pobihun.
Hardcotton has turned to the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter to finance full production. Pobihun also said "A sizeable campaign goal has been chosen so as to distribute the significant set up costs involved in the manufacture of Elemental across a larger number of pledged units. Our purpose behind manufacturing Elemental by mass production is to keep the pledge point values as reasonable as possible."
Elemental has been designed from the ground up to enhance the creativity of individuals, so it is only appropriate that early adopters are the key to launching this revolutionary printer.
To get behind this local business head to the Kickstarter page where you can pledge your support.