While I was waiting for a migraine to dissipate I got an idea about how to fix some of my early prints where the layers threaded instead of melting together.

 

So after my head cleared, I took one of my early prints and put it into the microwave on a glass plate.

I started slowing heating the print a few minutes at a time.

After about ten minutes, the printed part became pliable.

A few more minutes I took the part out and let it cool.

To my delight, the threaded layers actually melted a little together, making the print more solid.

 

I do not know if this technique will work for other filament types.  I am using PLA, but it looks like a little microwave heating can have some beneficial effects for some print issues.

 

More later,

 

DAB