Skip navigation

Texas Instruments CC3000 FRAM Evaluation Module Kit is a full turn-key TI Wi-Fi evaluation and demonstration tool for MSP430 FRAM microcontrollers and TI SimpleLink™ CC3000 Wi-Fi. The CC3000FRAMEMK comes with all the necessary hardware and software to get started quickly and includes LS Research TiWi-SL Module & EM board and an MSP430 FRAM Experimenter Board. SimpleLink CC3000 Wi-Fi is a self-contained wireless solution that simplifies the process of implementing Internet connectivity. SimpleLink Wi-Fi minimizes host microcontroller (MCU) software requirements, making it the ideal solution for embedded applications using any low-cost/low-power MCU. The TI CC3000 FRAM Evaluation Module Kit also allows users to take advantage of the new generation of MSP430 MCU devices with integrated Ferroelectric Random Access Memory (FRAM).

  • LSR TiWi-SL module & EM board
  • Wi-Fi Access Point
  • MSP430 FRAM Experimenter Board (MSP-EXP430FR5739)
  • USB hub

  • Standards
    • 802.11b/g, Station
  • RF Performance
    • Tx Power: +20dBm @ 11Mbps (CCK)
    • Rx sensitivity: -89dBm @ 11Mbps (CCK)
  • Wi-Fi Security Modes
    • WEP, WPA / WPA2 (AES and TKIP - Personal)
  • Embedded Networking Software
    • TCP/IP stack (IPv4 - DHCP client, DNS, ARP)
    • Wi-Fi driver
    • Embedded security supplicant
    • Auto transmit calibration
  • Host Interface
    • SPI @ 16MHz
  • Shutdown Mode
    • <5uA using FET
  • Host MCU Driver Required
    • As low as 6KB Flash and 3KB RAM host memory requirements
  • Embedded Wi-Fi and networking software including drivers, stack, and supplicant
    • Universal IP connectivity enabled anywhere
    • Pair easily with low-memory, low-cost, low-power microcontroller systems
  • Credible, proven solution with best-in-class link budget
    • Proven Wi-Fi interoperability
  • Complete platform solution and certified modules

  • Automation
  • Home Security / Surveillance
  • Network Appliance
  • Fitness / Health / Medical


     Very impressive stats on the WiFi part. Looking for more in future blogs. But I noticed it is EOL?



23rd May

"Interesting developments"

I have just discovered an application called to simplify device integration with Twitter.

This application allows the use of the original programmatic Twitter interface to the current oAuth interface by means of a proxy server.

This makes it far simpler to interface TI SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000 devices to Twitter.


All you need to do is provide the now pseudo twitter credentials and the more complex oAuth authentication is done on your behalf by the supertweet proxy server.

From the Twitter end everything seems normal and from your device it appears that the original interface still exists for the exception that the target is

A nice feature is that these pseudo twitter password can be totally different your original on.

Filter Blog

By date: By tag: