Just Follow this check List and reply where things are going wrong ,
1. Connect the Wolfson's Audio card to RPI, make sure the contacts are good (use a multimeter to check if electrical connectivity of the pins are intact esp. the push fit pins)
2. download the Wolsfons's RPi Image form element 14 community, i guess the latest one is 3.10 version
3. flash the image to a SD card and check that Pi's booting from it
4. after a successful boot, open a terminal and type the following commands,
5. now open the media player on raspberry pi, and connect your headphones to the Black connector on Audio card (It is a 4 pole connector).
6. play a music track and check weather the audio is coming or not.
Follow the above steps and do post what is not working. any debug output on the terminal will also be very helpful
Ive broken my leg so I can't get to the Pi at the moment.
I will let you know when I can.
I have connected the audio card, formatted the SD card, downloaded the Wolfson RPI image, booted and got sound out of the headphone socket.
Then I updated to install something else and lost audio from the card.
Is there any way to update the system with out updating the card and losing audio?
Ok. I have it working.
I used Ragnar Jensen's tweak found hear. (at the bottom of the page)
I have had the Audio card for around 3 weeks and have had no sound out of it.
I have been though every pice of documentation I can find but I still can not get sound.
My knowledge has developed but my Wolfson Audio Card is still silent.
Any help would be gratefully received.