I found this Freescale kits:
- The LFSTBEB8450 board which contains also a MC9S08QE8CWL
Farnell code 1796118
- A Starter Kit in two versions KITSTARTER2EVM and KITSTBLITE2EVM
Mouser code 841-KITSTARTER2EVM and 841-KITSTBLITE2EVM
Both starter kits have the LFSTBEB8450 board.
- A board including the MMA8451Q called "12-axis Xtrinsic Sensor Reference Platform for Windows"
Mouser code 841-RDFXWIN8USB
- LFSTBEB845X: Sensor Toolbox Accelerometer board for MMA845X
Hardware Only EVB FOR MMA845XQ
Farnell code: 1849853
- RDMMA845X - DEV KIT, FOR LFSTBEB845X, LFSTBUSB, Hardware Only KIT FOR LFSTBUSB/E845X
- contains the LFSTBEB845X and the LFSTBUSB boards
Farnell code: 1849854
If you don't need the kits maybe you can take a breakout board from Sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10955
Thanks for the response, but these (except for the Sparkfun unit) run $75 to $300. The daughter board offered with the KL25Z ought to be in the $20 range.