Skip navigation
So after having my previous Movie Lighting board break, Smart Home: Movie Lighting, I Broke it. I decided to make a new version with some improvements and hopefully have it last longer.   I started by ordering the parts I needed, bit of a mistake, as after everything arrived I found that the 3.3v regulator I used (LD1117VA33) is a third of the price I paid on Farnell. I am not too bothered as I only ordered a couple, knowing I may order more, know where to get them.   It's Tiny I knew ...
So the I have gotten the code to function as intended. So now for the hardware.   I started by depopulating the pcb that came with the original product. My original plan was to make an acrylic version with just the mounting holes, but realise if i flipped the pcb over, it would have the same effect. The only component which gave me any trouble was the inductor, the contacts were soldered under the ferrite core, and in the end i just snapped it off, as i was not worried about keeping the ...