Skip navigation
2015
  The Firecrackers (blog here and video here) that I made for Robin Hill Country Park on the Isle of Wight were good, but after I'd tried them out in real life on site, I knew there were some improvements I could make. These included stringing the lights in one line, rather than going over the top of the path, improving the sound and increasing the amount of smoke.   Stringing the lights in one line is simple, and one I can leave to the Robin Hill staff when they next need the fi ...
After breaking my wrist and decorating my cast as a Buzz Lightyear Cuff using sugru and 3doodler (Blog here), I needed further surgery and a new cast.   Seems my first step is always eyes ... But it was December. And cheerlights were beginning to flash across my twitter stream.   A tweet controlled Christmas Tree with lights was required.   I bought an Adafruit Flora, Bluefruit and Neopixels.   I sketched the design on my cast.   I transfered the design onto carboard ...
I broke my wrist (being chased by animatronic dinosaurs, or something similar).   So obviously I wanted to decorate my cast ... Although fun, the eyes were a little uncomfortable.   And I like space.   So a Buzz Lightyear cuff seemed the right thing to do ...   I used a 3doodler to do the intricate bits     And sugru for the buttons and covers     I used sellotape to mask out the buttons.   Some worked better than others.      ...