devbisme announced his KiPart utility recently (KiCAD lovers, check out KiPart).

Here's my write-down of the first trial.

 

I took a part that was lying on my desk. It's a 9-pin LMG5200 GaN chip.

I opened the datasheet and copied the pin assignments

 

I pasted that in a spreadsheet, and cleaned it up. I added additional info for the KiPart utility.

 

I saved the file as a csv, and executed the utility.

 

 

And that was it. I ended up with a new symbol that I can use in KiCad.

 

 

It was a really straightforward exercise. It was easier to learn than the symbol editor - and better for my nerves. I mastered it in just a few minutes.

 

I've attached my csv and library file.

 

Related Posts
KiCAD lovers, check out KiPart