Portable Electronics Kit

Enter Your Electronics & Design Project for Your Chance to Win a $100 Shopping Cart!

Back to The Project14 homepage

Project14 Home
Monthly Themes
Monthly Theme Poll

 

Update on the PSU Case.

 

Had a bit of fun in Fusion 360, sorted keyways for the two switches, radiused off some edges and, well, you'll see.

 

 

Unnecessary but . . . . what the heck!

 

 

 

OK, it sorta looks ok. The cable can't reach the slot I left as the PSU is snug in the case.

Sorta worked

 

The two halves click together nicely - lucky as I forgot screw holes / threaded mounts . . .

A bit scruffy but . . .

 

BUT, and it's a major but. As I opted to decorate the lid with some logos I printed it face down.

 

The supports under / in and around the logos meant the upper surface of the lid WASN'T flat to the glass.

 

This doesn't look pretty AT ALL!

 

Worse still though, some detail is lost - or should I say - destroyed!

 

Ah! Oops!

 

Several hours of rework in Fusion 360 (and multiple program crashes as I tried to deal with HUUUGE numbers of triangles by trying to edit the meshes) I decided to sink the logos into the lid and create a brand new Pi logo (as this had tens of thousands of triangles where I imported the .stl file).

 

Hopefully it'll print better and, after the internal rework, fit better too!

 

Space has been left for an element14 logo too, once I get around to drawing that!

 

 

Hopefully . . .

 

Tah-Dah!!