|Product Performed to Expectations:||9|
|Specifications were sufficient to design with:||9|
|Demo Software was of good quality:||9|
|Product was easy to use:||9|
|Support materials were available:||10|
|The price to performance ratio was good:||9|
|TotalScore:||55 / 60|
The Kit Contents:
1. USB-5830-AE USB 3.0 I/O Module
2. DAQNavi on USB drive
3. SDK, Drivers & Manuals DVD
4. Startup Manual (3 pages)
5. Euro type Terminal Blocks for secured I/O & power connectivity
6. USB 3.0 lockable (screw type) cable
Physical Build & Design:
1. The Advantech's USB-5830-AE Industrial USB 3.0 Isolated I/O Module is very rigid in build quality & very compact in size.
2. The heavy duty plastic non-conductive body ensures high safety, reduced risks & better durability of the module.
3. The design is commendable with the DIN rail mounting provisioned at the backside for easy mounting into I/O racks & cabinets in any industrial environment.
5. Advantech USB-5830-AE is designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station, and easy installation using standard standoffs inside most embedded enclosures due to PC/104 form factor being used.
1. Power LED indicates the power status of the system ON / OFF.
2. UP/Error Indicator confirms if the device is connected to the system (Green ON), or if the device is NOT connected to the system (RED ON).
3. Down Indicator confirms if the module is connected to any device (Blue ON), or if the module is NOT connected to any device (OFF).
1. Buzzer / Beeper - None.
2. Speaker - None.
3. Audio Out Port - None.
1. An External Power Unit is a must, if more than two USB Hub Modules are connected in daisy chain topology, as the USB 3.0 only supports 1A current. So, Redundant Power Supply connectors are provisioned for 10V dc to 30V dc.
2. Input Voltage: Logic0: 3V max.
3. Input Voltage: Logic1: 10V min to 30V max.
4. Output Load Voltage: 5V dc to 40V dc.
5. Output Load Current: 350mA/Channel.
6. Isolation Protection: 2,500 Vdc in all I/O connectors.
Features & Functionality:
1. Drivers & DAQ Navigator application supports both the Operating System worlds, Windows & Linux.
2. Built-in USB hub supports daisy chain USB connection to connect and control many Input and Output devices, that frees up the IPC USB ports eliminating the port need for the consecutive hubs in the chain.
3. The four "Board ID" DIP switches facilitate to connect multiple similar I/O modules in daisy chain topology with unique addressing mechanism (Board ID #) avoiding conflicts.
3. Supports Data transfer rate of upto 5Gbps using USB 3.0 interface.
4. 16 optocoupled Isolated Digital Inputs. Every 8 DI channels shares 1 External Common Collector (ECO for DI1-DI7, EC1 for DI8-DI15).
5. 16 optocoupled Isolated Digital Outputs. Features EGND pins for connection.
6. Wide input voltage range (10 ~ 30 VDC)
7. Wide output voltage range (5 ~ 40 VDC) and high output current (350 mA/ch)
8. Only Digital Input/Output are supported by this USB-5830-AE model.
9. Input and Output lines independently accessible at connectors, with complete isolation.
10. Utilizes a high-speed custom function driver optimized for a maximum data throughput which is far faster than the USB human interface device (HID) driver used by many competing products.
1. The 2 x USB 3.0 ports having thumb screws secured USB connectors (1 x USB 3.0 type A for PC & 1 x USB 3.0 type B for another Hub Module).
2. Connect the Hub Module to the PC, using the USB type A cable having integrated screws (this cable is provided with the kit).
3. Connect the Hub Module to Other Hub Modules (in daisy chain mode), using the USB type-B cable having integrated screws (this cable is provided with the other module's kit).
4. Ensure to touch the metal case of your computer to discharge any Static Electricity that might be in your body.
5. The 4 x 8 DIP Euro style Terminal Connectors to be fixed (pull/push fixture) in order to facilitate secured connections to the 16 Input & 16 Output device connection ports.
1. Source1: SDK, Drivers & Manuals DVD (provided in the kit)
2. Source2: SDK, Drivers & Manuals USB stick (provided in the kit)
3. Source3: Free Download the latest SDK and Driver available at http://support.advantech.com/support/DownloadSRDetail_New.aspx?SR_ID=1-1JKG5JK&Doc_Source=Download
4. Installing the DAQ Navi application is straight forward, which installs the following components: Runtime, Drivers, Plugins, Example Files, Test Tools, Manual & Video Tutorial.
5. The software bundle includes samples for programs for any reference & usage.
Advantech’s DAQNavi software includes device drivers and a software development kit (SDK), which features a comprehensive I/O function library to boost application performance. |
The Advantech DAQNavi software for Windows XP/7/8/10 (desktop mode) works seamlessly with development tools such as Visual Studio.NET, Visual C++, Visual Basic, and Borland Delphi.
All the ab A large library of example source code is also provided for your reference.
Using the DAQNavi, you can download & update the Firmware of the I/O Module.
The Advantec's Update Service is a tiny tool that helps to scan & upgrade the DAQNavi software & Drivers.
The DAQNavi Navigatorl, is a comprehensive tool that manages & controls the configuration parameters of the USB I/O hub module.
This includes Enable/Disable any particular Input or Output port in
The DAQNavi also facilitates to export the I/O module's configuration as a package to replicate it into other I/O modules in the daisy chain.
The DAQNavi Navigatorl, is provisioned with built-in testing & logging tools like Virtual Multimeter, SignalMeter & DataLogger.
-With Virtual Multimeter, I was able to measure digitally & precisely the voltage, milli-Voltage, milli-Amps, for the selected Value Range / Device / Channel.
-With SignalMeter, I was able to find the RMS Noise voltage, for the selected Value Range of +/- 5V, with internal clocking rate of 6000 Hz & 4096 samples, which is customizable for the needed requirement.
High Level of Customization:
The Window options available are: No Window, Hann, 4-term Blackman, 7-term Blackman
The cyclic options available are: Run_once & Cyclic
The Trigger Source options available are: None, AI Channel 0, AI Channel 1, AI Channel 2, AI Channel 3, AI Channel 4, AI Channel 5, AI Channel 6, AI Channel 7, External Clock.
Help & Tutorial:
The DAQNavi Navigator, having the comprehensive Manuals & a list of Video Tutorials, for handy guidance.
Integrated Feature for Customer Feedback / Mail for Tech-Support:
The integrated feature for information gathering to assist Tech Support team in trouble-shooting technical issues, is very effective & comprehensive with the self-discovery capabilities & per-defined questionnaire.
1. Offline Technical Support over email was excellent with immediate response received, addressing the queries asked.
This daisy chained USB I/O module connects 100s of Input/Output devices, eliminating the need for huge number of individual modules & complex cabling. This opens up many use-cases
1. Industrial Applications
2. Smart City IoT Applications
3. Industrial IoT Applications
4. USB based Embedded Applications
5. The right choice to the need to acquire digital signals and to control power outputs from a PC / Embedded System, in an industrial environment.
6. Advantech USB-5830-AE is the Next generation solution for Industrial Testing & Measurement applications.
1. Case ID assignment for all technical support queries raised over phone / email, for better tracking & reference purposes.
2. A Sound Indication (Buzzer / Beeper) is required supporting the Visual Indication (RED LEDs). But, fine for NOT having it to avoid annoying sound disturbance.
3. PhotoMOS Relay Output feature in 5830 series, with 2-4 channels.
4. Github support to use with Single Board Computers (SBC) like Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, to make the whole system very portable.
5. Mac OS X compatible software package.
6. Embedded OS support for Windows Xpe, WES7, etc.