Würth Elektronik, in association with Texas Instruments, is pleased to offer a wireless power demonstration kit ("The Wireless Power Transfer Solution to Go") which illustrates the advantages of wireless power and gives developers the opportunity to test and integrate a wireless power solution in their applications.
The demonstration kit is built according to Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Qi specification 1.1. The transmitter is a 5V input design and powers all standard WPC low power 5W receivers.
The Wireless Power Transfer Solution To Go offers the following advantages:
- Plug & Play 5W Wireless Power Transfer
- Complete development boards for quick and easy integration of wireless power into their product design
- Corresponds to the standard Qi Wireless Power Consortium (WPC)
- Use of optimized components
The individual components in detail:
- TI Transmitter Board bq500212AEVM-550
- TI Receiver Board bq51013BEVM-764
- Würth Elektronik LED 5W Load Simulation Board PMP8603
- USB cable
- 6W USB power supply
element14, in collaboration with Würth Elektronik and Texas Instruments, is proud to host the "Beyond the Phone" Challenge, our second design competition utilising Wireless Power. Ten selected RoadTest challenge competitors (that could be you!) will build Wireless Power projects; each will be provided with:
- A Wireless Power Transfer Solution to Go kit
- A budget of €200 / $275 each for additional components.
- CadSoft Pro License (12 months)
Utilising these resources, their initiative and their imagination, the finalists will be given the task of incorporating wireless power into their daily lives to provide solutions which go beyond the phone and which draws the day closer when wireless power will be embedded everywhere.
The competition will run from March 24 through to June 27, 2014. Competitors will be judged on their creative fulfilment of the challenge and by the quality of media produced during the course of their projects: blog posts, videos and designs, all of which will be posted on element14's Wireless Power Solutions
How to Enter
If you are not a member of element14, please click here to join
. If you are a member, click the orange Enroll button on the right just below the Competition title. Fill out the form completely, including your address and telephone number (necessary so the shipping company can contact you if you are selected); please detail your proposed project in the "Reason for the RoadTest" box. Please be as detailed as possible about your project ideas; the most innovative and well-thought out proposals will be the ones we select.
The Grand Prize winner
will receive a 13in MacBook Pro with a Retina display
, to aid their future electronics engineering projects. The People's Choice winner
, who will be determined by a poll on the element14 community will receive a Google Nexus 7
, an advanced tablet which incorporates all the benefits of Wireless Power.
Terms & Conditions
- Individuals will be selected for the "Wireless Power Challenge - Beyond the Phone" Challenge (henceforth, "The Challenge") on the basis of quality of applications: we expect a full and complete description of why you want to take part in this challenge and your initial ideas for utilising the Wireless Power Transfer Solution to Go kit effectively.
- Individuals selected for the Challenge will be required to blog about their projects on the Wireless Power Solutions group on a weekly basis. Additional content such as videos and designs will be an added bonus when it comes to judging competitors.
- Failure by a selected individual to participate in accordance with the parameters of the Challenge, provided no reasonable cause for this inability to participate is given, may result in exclusion from future Road Tests and challenges.
- This competition is not open to individuals employed by the Premier Farnell group of companies, Würth Elektronik or Texas Instruments.