Each selected challenger will receive the NEW Raspberry Pi Model B+!
. With the added power and versatility of the new Model B+
, it's easier than ever to build innovative IoT applications. We have extended enrollment through July 21st so Model B+ fans can jump in.
Join the Challenge!
Raspberry Pi is a winning platform for developing Internet of Things solutions.
Fifteen competitors will be chosen to develop "Forget Me Not" automation solutions which will answer those nagging questions when you're away from home, like:
- Did I leave the door unlocked?
- Did I leave the iron on?
- Did I water the plants?
- DId I feed the cat?
Each selected competitor will receive a package worth over $2000, including:
Raspberry Pi Model B Plus
EnOcean Pi & Sensors
Tektronix TBS1202B-EDU Oscilloscope
The competition will run from July 21 to October 24. The Prizes will be awarded on October 31st. Don't Miss Out! Apply by July 21!
The Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
an all expenses paid trip to
! All told, a package worth more than $20000
The Runner Up will receive the following bundle:
Rapiro DIY Robot Kit
EnOcean EDK 350 Kit
The Community Choice Winner will get:
EnOcean EDK 350 Kit
With thanks to our sponsors:
How to Enter
If you are not a member of element14, please click here to join
. If you are a member, click the orange Enroll
button on the right just below the competition title. Fill out the form completely, including your address and telephone number (necessary so the shipping company can contact you if you are selected); please detail your proposed project in the "Reason for the RoadTest"
box. Please be as detailed as possible about your project ideas; the most innovative and well-thought out proposals will be the ones we select.
Terms & Conditions
- Individuals will be selected for the Raspberry Pi "Forget Me Not" IoT Design Challenge (henceforth, "The Challenge") on the basis of quality of applications: we expect a full and complete description of why you want to take part in this challenge and your initial ideas for utilising the proposed kit effectively.
- Individuals selected for the Challenge will be required to blog about their projects on a weekly basis. Additional content such as videos and designs will be an added bonus when it comes to judging competitors.
- Failure by a selected individual to participate in accordance with the parameters of the Challenge, provided no reasonable cause for this inability to participate is given, may result in exclusion from future Road Tests and challenges.
- The final submission date for this challenge is Friday, October 24, 2014.
- It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner to ensure they have sufficient time to attend Electronica 2014.
- This competition is not open to individuals employed by the Premier Farnell group of companies or Tektronix, EnOcean, or Eclipse organisations.