0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 4:35 AM by sgup

PSoC 1 Getting Started Stuff For Beginners

sgup

Cypress has many application notes and videos that can be helpful for new PSoC 1 users to start design quickly. Following is the list of material:

AN75320 Getting Started with PSoC 1: This application note provides an introduction to PSoC1 architecture, how PSoC 1 is different from a regular microcontroller, the programmable analog and digital subsystems, IO structure, PSoC Designer IDE, programming and debugging flow etc.

PSoC Designer Getting Started Video: This video walks the user through the process of creating a simple PSoC Designer project that measures a voltage using an ADC and displays on an LCD and blinks an LED. 

AN73212 Debugging with PSoC 1: AN73212 introduces the elements of the PSoC 1 debugger system and explains how to configure and use them effectively. It provides the user with severalcommon debugging techniques and a troubleshooting guide to help solve common problems, such as stack overflow and memory corruption.

AN32200 PSoC 1 Clocks and Global Resources: A must read to get a grip on the Global resources, this application note discusses in details the flexible clocks and all the global resources like analog reference, watchdog, SMP etc. 

AN50987 Getting Started with I2C in PSoC 1: I2C is one of the most commonly used communication interfaces in embedded systems.  This application note provides a detailed overview of the I2C protocol, the different I2C implementations available in PSoC 1, and advanced information and tips on using I2C in PSoC 1.

AN74170 - PSoC 1 Analog Structure and Configuration with PSoC Designer: This application note discusses in detail the analog resources of PSoC 1 continuous time blocks, switch capacitor blocks, analog reference, analog output buffers etc.  This application note discusses how these blocks are organized inside PSoC 1, the interconnectivity between these blocks and external pins, various analog reference combinations,     global resources that affect analog blocks etc.

AN2041 Understanding Switched Capacitor Blocks in PSoC 1: A switched capacitor blocks is the most flexible analog resource in PSoC 1.  A switched capacitor block lets the user build most commonly used analog peripherals like ADCs, DACs, Filters etc to very advanced applications like synchronous rectifiers, analog modulators and demodulators, FSK generators etc.  This application note explains in detail the theory behind switched capacitor topology and how the PSoC 1 switched capacitor blocks can be used to build all these useful peripherals. This is a favorite even among veterans of PSoC.