7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2019 11:03 PM by Pedro147

"Permission denied" error with import-bmp.ulp

tipo1000

Hello,

Import-bmp.ulp was working with no problem.

Suddenly I started to get an error "Can't open C:\Program Files (x86)\EAGLE-6.2.0\lbr\bmp.scr". "Permission denied."

Maybe it has something to do with Windows 7 security settings? But I didn't change anything there.

Any help appreciated.

/tipo

• Re: "Permission denied" error with import-bmp.ulp
          tipo1000

Forgot to add that there is no 'bmp.scr' in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EAGLE-6.2.0\lbr\ folder'.

Mark Perry wrote:

Hello,

Import-bmp.ulp was working with no problem.

Suddenly I started to get an error "Can't open C:\Program Files

(x86)\EAGLE-6.2.0\lbr\bmp.scr". "Permission denied."

Maybe it has something to do with Windows 7 security settings? But I

didn't change anything there.

Any help appreciated.

/tipo

Import-bmp.ulp builds the bmp.scr file in the folder the editor has open.

You are using a library this time. Was that how you used it previously?

Perhaps you used it directly in a project and that folder is not a branch of

Program Files.

There is Win7 security to prevent you doing that

If it was, maybe something turned off redirection. The Win7 security can

redirect files, where you appear to write to Progam Files but in fact it is

in another folder.

If you are doing it the same way a before, then your Win7 changed for some

reason, maybe and update or if on a Domain the admin has changed policies

etc.

HTH

Warren

--

Viewed / responded via the newsgroup at

news.cadsoft.de

hutchcj

I had the same problem under Windows 7 x64.

Here is a quick work around.

Open Notepad and "Save As" the blank document.  Set "File name:" to "bmp.scr" "Save as type:"  to "All File (*.*)" and save the file to your desktop.

On your desktop, right click "bmp.scr" and select "Take Ownership".  Now move "bmp.scr" to the Eagle "lbr" directory

Run the "Import-bmp.ulp" file and all is good.

• Re: "Permission denied" error with import-bmp .ulp
                    Autodesk Guest

It sounds like you are another one (like me) that has encountered the

Windows "virtual store" - that is where windows puts things that you think

you are writing to it's "protected directories" so it puts it down in the

"virtual store" under your account instead and does not tell you about it.

Strange things can happen.  The virtual store is in

"C:\Users\mikey\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" (obviously change the account

name to yours).  Take a look in there and see if that was where it was

putting it.  You can encounter the same thing with user libraries you

create - you think you are saving them in the same spot as where Eagle

install put the libraries, but in reality, it is down in the "virtual

store".  Can be quite confusing since it is not obvious that windows has

done it.

mikey

--

Web access to CadSoft support forums at www.eaglecentral.ca.  Where the CadSoft EAGLE community meets.

zukuwyatt

I have an easier solution: Run Eagle as administrator

I realise this is an old thread, but it's #1 in Google when searching for "import-dxf.cfg permission denied", so others will likely find themselves here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful