4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 9:59 AM by kkaaos

MfgTool2 error - ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 21

clemo

Hi,

Reading the User Manual I decided to try to put Linux on the board, so I followed the steps as indicated on page 40 and on.

When I launch the tool MfgTool2.exe I get the error (including the typo)

Iitialize operation failed, please refer to "MfgTool.Log" for detailed information, error code: 21.

In the log file I find this:

DLL version: 2.2.3

Friday, February 07, 2014 10:30:56   Start new logging

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 21

I am probably too dumb for this kind of boards, but what the heck does that mean?

My PC is running Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium edition. The RIoT board is detected as an HID interface.

Any idea how to solve this?

P.S. Is the Debug serial port using TTL or RS-232 levels?

• Re: MfgTool2 error - ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 21
          Christopher Stanton

Hi John,

For some reason in the flash downloads a file has been named incorrectly.

You need to rename 'ucl2.txt' to 'ucl2.xml'

For example in the linux image download the file is located:

Linux\tools\Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6DL_UPDATER\Profiles\MX6DL Linux Update\OS Firmware

This file also needs to be renamed in the Android flash download.

For the debug serial, I'm connected to it via TTL with a CP2102 (CP2102-GM - SILICON LABORATORIES - USB-TO-UART BRIDGE, 3.6V, MLP | Farnell UK) on a USB board.

On Windows Putty (PuTTY: a free telnet/ssh client) works as a good serial console. Flow control should be set to off and the bitrate to 115200.

Does that answer your question ?

• Re: MfgTool2 error - ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 21
            pietercardoen

Dear

I am also having the error:

Iitialize operation failed, please refer to "MfgTool.Log" for detailed information, error code: 21.

I am using an iWave i.MX6 Qseven SOM Development platform (iW-RainboW-G15D). I've checked the ucl2.xml-file and it has a correct name but I still have the error. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks

Pieter Cardoen

kkaaos

Ok, after about a month of struggling with the Mfgtool both on windows and on linux i have decided to post this. I am not familar with the lingo so forgive me but you should be able to get the jist of what im saying. First off all this crap about renaming the xml file is exactly that...crap. dont even mess with it. Now most of my work has been on android and thats where all my problems were but i just flashed ubuntu ten minutes ago with no problem. And i did nothing to the xml file. You all need to be looking at the bin file. In the android tool in order for it to work all i needed to to was "trick" it. I noticed in the log that the problems were with the bin file and the xml a COMBINATION of the two. So i that its probably something to do with the name..its always the name in linux..lol. So i just renamed the new bin file to match the original. and then i deleted the original. and then i flashed..after of course replaciing the other files (boot, ect) As for linux.. to get that one to work, just  dont do anything to the xml file at all. other then that, the linux flashing was easy. anyway, I love this board, but i am going to be getting a Odroid to run my android on because the riotboard ive noticed has little to no support and the forums are like a desert..tumbleweeds and all.  The fact that it took me a month to figure something out so simple like changing a name..while everyone is saying to change a different name, goes to show... this is not the board for me (community speaking) techinally its beutiful and i will continue to use it, i will just have to figure things out on my own. But i hope what i found out helps somebody out in someway or an other.