11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 11:10 AM by jonnydoe

Identify a circular connector?

teddthetiger

Hi.

I'm looking for a mating connector for the below. The photo and diagram is of a Christie CASP 2000 battery analyser. The manual doesn't specify a P/N for a mating connector, and it doesn't look like the usual amphenol mil-spec circular connector. The diameter is approximately 15mm.

Does anyone recognise this connector?

Thanks,

Tim

Diagram.jpgImages.jpg

• Re: Identify a circular connector?
          dougw

Hi Tim,

It looks like a TE Connectivity (Tyco / AMP) CPC series connector to me.

Probably shell size 11-4.

You should be able to look it up online.

Doug

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              teddthetiger

Thanks Doug. Your answer was invaluable in identifying these connectors.

I didn't want to close this without physically checking the connectors. Now that I have, I can list the exact part numbers.

Mating connector  206060-1206060-1

Pins (Female 4 per connector)  66592-166592-1

Flexible boot backshell  207489-1207489-1

Internal cable grip (Required for flexible boot backshell)  207490-1207490-1

Note that I decided to go with a different backshell than shown in the manual extract above If anyone wants to use the cable clamp as shown in the manual the part number is  1-206062-41-206062-4

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  precisionboost

I have purchased a CASP2000 ( military surplus ) but there seems to be very little information on the cables ( neither from Christie or the seller on Ebay )

I am attempting to adapt the CASP2000 to charge my custom 24V 7000mAh NiCad packs, but I can't seem to find any sort of technical manual that gives details on the resistor codes, wiring, programing of the different cables.

I came across your post here about the connectors and see that you have a diagram showing the wiring colors, resistor location and pin outs.

With this information I can now make my own cables, but I'm not sure what the blue wire or resistors have to be in order to make this unit functional.

The Red/Black on pins 1&4 are easy enough, I was wondering if perhaps the Blue was perhaps connected to a temperature sensor.

I have no idea what to do about the resistor or if the CASP will even accept a connector without a resistor.

Although your post is very valuable I was wondering if you have more information on the technical details of the CASP2000 or a link to an actual technical manual as opposed to the sales brochures I've found.

teddthetiger

Hi Chris,

I wasn't able to find a user manual online either, but I did find a paper copy which I subsequently scanned. It has all the required information for programming and cable manufacture.

[Link Removed]

Apologies for the size (65MB).

If you can't find the parts on element14, mouser will help. Probably even DigiKey depending on your location.

Any other questions, please ask. I may be able to help even though I broke my unit trying to get the serial output to work

1 of 1 people found this helpful