5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2015 2:58 AM by michaelkellett

Alternative Energy Solution

amond

I want to guess the Engineers thought about the danger of making solution for energy now. the alternative energy solution may be based on Muscles and human, so the transportation way of Business may change in routes, schedule, and paving system around the nation. also, the war for water, oil, or gas might follow different way of planning for the nation, getting the insurance number of damages is impossible, so that I need the best guess of the increase and decrease of different types of energy. so that the work shall be organized without interruption from any compliance.

• Re: Alternative Energy Solution
          jw0752

Hi Kebb,

I can see that you have a very important question to ask. However the English has come through poorly worded or translated so the it is not an intelligible question on this side. Please see if you can get it rephrased or retranslated and we will try to understand it.

John

amond

I used to have all the necessary tools in the past but there some validation and request from the engineering community have to be discussed before start any engineering design or work, even the engineering work is in the hobby level. so in this time, I have started all over in different state in the USA and I can tell that the community is different, and the space of work is more open than last stop of my life. I am starting from scratch, and with very small steps or bits, so that I can go through the problem.

the first assistance is go through the project in general and go back and forward, so that I can find support for the general cause of the work, as well as choosing the technologies.

amond

one of my working issues in calculation is "to buy, or not to buy the TI 92 engineering scientific calculator".

what do you think of a big project tool would be TI 92, not TI89 or less?

I want to use the TI 92 with confidence about the highest tech, but reasonable item.

jw0752

Hi Kebb,

The TI 92 looks like a very good calculator. I use an old Radio Shack scientific calculator that I couldn't live without. Unfortunately, just like me, it is starting to wear out. I can not speak specifically to whether the TI-92 is right for you as I do not know your needs or the TI-92 that well. I hope you find what you need for you scientific inquiries.

John

michaelkellett

Calculators are quite personal things - my favorites are the HP32S (now obsolete) HP35S (current clone of 32S but I don't like it so much) and HP50g (does graphing which I never use).

I don't much like the look of the TI92 - it's not quite clear if it wants to be  a computer or a calculator  but since you can buy a an Android tablet (with quad core 1GHz processor)  for less money and download a whole raft of free apps to do calculations of all sorts the TI doesn't look good value any more.

MK