1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2018 3:48 AM by christ78

Raspberyy 3 and PiFaceCad 2 error: NoPiFaceCADDetectedError

entrodus

Hey all

I recently got my raspberry 3 and piface control and display 2 and trying to work through the provided examples.

I am following the following instructions on how to setup my pifacecad:

PiFace – Setting up PiFace Control And Display – Runnning PiFace Control And Display sysinfo

Unfortunately when i try to run the python3 sysinfo.py example i get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "sysinfo.py", line 61, in <module>

cad = pifacecad.PiFaceCAD()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacecad/core.py", line 50, in __init__

self.init_board()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacecad/core.py", line 80, in init_board

h=self.hardware_addr, b=self.bus, c=self.chip_select))

pifacecad.core.NoPiFaceCADDetectedError: No PiFace Control and Display board detected (hardware_addr=0, bus=0, chip_select=1).

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Could it be a faulty pifacecad board?

• Re: Raspberyy 3 and PiFaceCad 2 error: NoPiFaceCADDetectedError
          christ78

Hey all

I recently got my raspberry 3 and piface control and display 2 and trying to work through the provided examples.

I am following the following instructions on how to setup my pifacecad:

PiFace – Setting up PiFace Control And Display – Runnning PiFace Control And Display sysinfo

Unfortunately when i try to run the python3 sysinfo.py example i get the following error:

File "sysinfo.py", line 61, in <module>

cad = pifacecad.PiFaceCAD()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacecad/core.py", line 50, in __init__

self.init_board()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacecad/core.py", line 80, in init_board

pifacecad.core.NoPiFaceCADDetectedError: No PiFace Control and Display board detected (hardware_addr=0, bus=0, chip_select=1).

Python 3.5.3 (default, Jan 19 2017, 14:11:04)

[GCC 6.3.0 20170124] on linux

Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.

>>> import pifacedigitalio as pfio

>>> pfio.init()

File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>

pfio.init()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 174, in init

raise failed_boards[0]

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 170, in init

init_board)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 83, in __init__

self.init_board()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 108, in init_board

pifacedigitalio.core.NoPiFaceDigitalDetectedError: No PiFace Digital board detected (hardware_addr=0, bus=0, chip_select=0).

>>>

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Could it be a faulty pifacecad board?