10 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2019 7:36 AM by BloomingtonMike

I have purchased Raspberry Pi from Amazon which has 1Yr Manufacturing warranty

heramban

I have purchased Raspberry Pi 2 from Amazon which has 1Yr Manufacturing warranty . My Order ID is ORDER # 403-6515201-1290703.  How do I get this material replaced/repaired?

• Re: I have purchased Raspberry Pi from Amazon which has 1Yr Manufacturing warranty
          clem57

First place to try is through Amazon or the original  retailer you bought this from. They will handle the RMA process on your behalf.

Clem

• Re: I have purchased Raspberry Pi from Amazon which has 1Yr Manufacturing warranty
            lui_gough

You should deal with the original seller or Amazon. Unless element14 sold it to you directly, they normally will not deal with consumers directly.

- Gough

heramban

I spoke with amazon where they told me to contact the seller. He to accepted to accept the material so asked me to return it in amazon which I did so. When I called amazon and told them still I haven't received the material nor was the faulty goods taken away they asked me to contact elements14. Since this comes under manufacturing warranty the manufacturer will take it away this was conveyed by amazon customer care. When I spoke to elements14 customer care they asked me to post it here.

lui_gough

That doesn't sound right at all. If they haven't received the material, and the goods were not sent back to element14, why would element14 deal with you directly? That sounds somewhat illogical.

Further to this, this is the community section of element14 where "random" members of the public come to discuss and help each other out - it's not official element14 "support" per-se. For them to direct you here for a warranty issue is absurd.

I'd ask Amazon clearly again, because this doesn't sound right - from what I know, element14 does not deal with consumers directly in regards to Raspberry Pis. Your dispute should be between the seller that sold it to you on Amazon, or at most, Amazon.

- Gough

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        Roger Wolff

Here in the Netherlands (I think it's an EU rule, but details may vary across the EU)...  you get warranty from the party that you have a contract with. Buying something in a shop is a simple form of contract: I give you this dollar, you give me that MARS bar.

This means that if Amazon takes my money and then asks someone else to handle the physical transaction, that's all well and good, but Amazon is my contract-partner, and they get to handle returns and exchanges.

Of course, sometimes that's not practical. For example when my phone broke down (which I got from the mobile phone company with a contract) they asked me to contact nokia support. So I tell them: YOU are responsible. But I'll call nokia and just to be nice, but YOU remain responsible for my phone. This incident didn't escalate: Nokia handled things fine.

Now sites like Amazon are a bit complicated: they allow others to sell theirs stuff via their website. But in the end if it is Amazon that took your money Amazon becomes responsible for handling the complaints. Just to be friendly you can jump a few hoops as they request, but if that doesn't work out, you really should point out that the party that took your money is the one responsible....

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    volly

Hi heramban

Always remember....the warranty is always to the original purchaser. so whoever sold it to you via Amazon is sitting with the original purchase rights and warranty.

So, please follow the exact route as it was delivered to you to get to the original warranty honours....

YV

rive

I am gonna tell you how it really works.

The seller cannot really honor the  factory manufacturer warranty. They say it has "a 1 yr manufacturer warranty" when they sell it, but they believe you are on your own to file the warranty claim. They are not usually an authorized dealer so cannot do warranty claim themselves.

In a nutshell, The warranty was void the moment you purchased the Pi from a third party/ non-authorized dealer. Your only recourse, is to file a dispute claim with Amazon and ask for refund. Then you let the person who sold it to you figure out what to do about Factory RMA/warranty claim. You no longer need to worry about it.

Next time, buy a Pi from an authorized dealer if you want an intact manufacturer warranty.

lophophora

That isn't how manufacturer warranties work.

It is true warranties for resale are muddy, especially with the  The amazon store buys it from pi foundation with a tact warranty, you buy it from the amazon store within the warranty period, you still have X remaining time of warranty.

This is probably what you're looking at:

The term “consumer” means a buyer (other than for purposes of resale) of any consumer product, any person to whom such product is transferred during the duration of an implied or written warranty (or service contract) applicable to the product, and any other person who is entitled by the terms of such warranty (or service contract) or under applicable State law to enforce against the warrantor (or service contractor) the obligations of the warranty (or service contract).

But it has been void by 2002 General Obligation and construction of contract principals.

(1) Express warranties by the sellerare created as follows:

• (a) Any affirmation of fact or promise made by the seller to the buyer which relates to the goodsand becomes part of the basis of the bargain creates an express warranty that the goods shall conform to the affirmation or promise.
                          • (b) Any description of the goodswhich is made part of the basis of the bargain creates an express warranty that the goods shall conform to the description.
                          • (c) Any sample or model which is made part of the basis of the bargain creates an express warranty that the whole of the goods shall conform to the sample or model.

No ifs ands or buts. Warranties transfer to resale. It is the manufacturer's job to serialize and keep track of warranties, and provide warranty when proof of purchase is admitted.

ayeshasalman

Hi Everyone This is Ayesha From Pakistan & I feel really sad to read. I just want to share my experience as I have also purchased one Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ from w11stop who are official dealers of Amazon in Pakistan and after using it 6 months I claimed my warranty and contacted w11stop so they claimed my warranty. I guess you should grab that dealer of Amazon from whom you purchased and handed the cash. Apart from him I guess no anyone can help you in this case.

I hope it help you.

BloomingtonMike

Call your credit card company and file a dispute on the purchase. Let them know you are getting the run around on getting help. They will make a few phone calls and I bet you get the issue resolved.