23 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 5:30 AM by mcb1

No Activity

mcb1

Today when I signed in I was surprised that there was nothing in the Inbox.

I was more surprised when I saw No Activity.

I could see conversations that I should have in my inbox/activity when I logged out ....

Clearing the cache, logging back in, and now a completely new computer and browser has similar results.

Suspecting there is a setting that has changed, I looked at what I was following.

For some unknown reason I'm not following anything.

What Have I done wrong to wipe out everything ?????

Any ideas dudley.nelson

Thanks

Mark

• Re: No Activity
          jkutzsch

mcb1  I am having the same issue, in fact was just looking to see if anyone else was posting on it.

Top & Trending

There isn't any activity yet.

As soon as people join and begin creating and sharing content, you'll begin seeing activity here. Create something now to get started!

You don't have anything in your Inbox

Frederick Vandenbosch

Yesterday inbox wouldn't clear, today, it remains empty.

rachaelp

Yep its definitely broken. It stopped working correctly for me late last night.

geralds

Yes, i have the same issue.

Since yesterday 23h13 CET there are no mails in the inbox.

Gerald

---

Dudley Nelson

This is a problem with our activity server. Seems we're having internal network problems, and seems we've been having them on and off over the weekend.

It's not the only problem we have either, two of the four server nodes are down, which shouldn't cause you any drama, but it causes us problems. And of course, if a third goes down, then it does start causing you major drama.

And of the two remaining nodes, only one has a connection to the activity engine.

We're all over this and we're aiming to get normal service back as soon as.

Thanks geralds - a time window on when things were last normal is really *really* useful We have the logs, but knowing when things for end users went from normal to not-normal is very useful data!

I'll try to give you updates, but only if I'm not involved in firefights

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        geralds

Hi Dudley,

my pleasure.

Today i postet now in some forums - RoadTest, Eagle-Exchange, Feedback/Support: - posting works, the point - reputation counter works,

i also received your private email in my local mail server.

inbox empty_ 20 mar 2017 - 23h13_CET.png

In the element14-inbox there is a name under grayed "Jane Doe", what's that, why?

The last email what i received was from Randall - 11h12 PM:

https://www.element14.com/community/groups/roadtest/blog/2017/03/19/why-do-some-roadtest-winners-stop-logging-in?et=blog…

Best Regards,

Gerald

---

Frederick Vandenbosch

Ah ... Mondays ...

Dudley Nelson

Yeah, that went through my head

Dudley Nelson

We're back online following another outage, this time we lost connection to the image server and the database. The image server is core to every day usage and without it the site can't run. The database even more so!

We've bounced the entire stack this time. Hopefully that should sort things out. If not, we've really reached the end of where "have you tried turning it off and on again" can take us.

We also have mobilized a small army of server gnomes to look over the OS and database logs to see if we can get to the bottom of what caused it. And I'm posting this while copying the application logs down to my local machine to see if I can see what went wrong at the start of the latest outage. The database is my suspicion based on what I've seen, but that's a guess at this stage.

As fvan says, who needs Mondays!

4 of 4 people found this helpful
                                      geralds

As fvan says, who needs Mondays!

Who needs Monday? - one day per week is enough - Sunday!

Gerald

---

Dudley Nelson

Just want to follow up on this and make sure that nobody has any more site issues?

To the best of my knowledge, everything should all be fine now.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                              geralds

Hi Dudley,

Thank you very much for the fast support!

All works fine with this issue.

An other problem - have you read my problems with the editor window?

Bug in Editor window?

Best Regards,

Gerald

---

Dudley Nelson

Yeah I did, but I thought I'd leave it to Megan.

I generally keep half an eye on F&S, I have mail notifications to anything posted to that space so I see everything that gets posted there and read almost all of it.

If something comes up that needs immediate attention (like this "the site is on fire" thread), or is close to something I am coding either at that moment or very recently ( like Shabaz' video concerns, and I have code going live very soon strongly related to those concerns ), then I'll leap to it. And if I'm working on something boring, or I get mentioned, or if it's an issue that gets me curious, I'll take a closer look. And I only do any of those things if I notice the mail or see it in my (e14) inbox. As mcollinge will no doubt confirm, I'm really bad for not reading my mail - if I'm busy or excited or angry or eating, email is the first casualty.

But my rule of thumb is to leave things for others to pick up.

I'm employed as a coder and any time I'm here, I'm not coding. Sometimes it's a secondary form of coding - the post to Shabaz is a good example of helping out while also gathering requirements and understanding users' needs. But there will always be times when I don't reply at all even if it's something that looks like something right up my street or if I've been mentioned. As I'm sure you're aware, when your head is off in technical space, distractions or interruptions can destroy hours of work, and so you tend to learn to shut out those distractions and interruptions.

This all said, it would be very rude of me to post all this and then not respond to your original complaint, especially as I can guess what is going wrong there. So as soon as I've posted this, I'll reply to your other thread

geralds

Hi,

Thank you very much for all.

Absolut correctly - "Time is busy" -

I'm waiting, this is not so important as than i can not work here.

Then we can talk about in this other thread where I've posted my problem.

Best Regards,

Gerald

---

mcb1

Thanks Dudley.

rsc

The problem is on line 153:

153 >> HCF

mcb1

dudley.nelson

Dudley I had another of the No Activity and then the site unresponsive at 2335z.

Seemed to restore when I tried back at about 2350z.

Hopefully there is a log somewhere ....

Mark

Dudley Nelson

Yeah, we had another unscheduled outage at that time. Again, internal network was to blame.

oadesida was all over it though and got it back up and running, so I had nothing to do when I came in this morning except reply to this