3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 5:01 AM by andrewxn

Want to buy Raspberry Pi 2 Model B v1.1

lothar

Hi, is there a chance to buy a Raspberry Pi 2 B v1.1 (not the v1.2 wich is something pretty different and does not boot with FreeBSD) ?

Thanks for any hints, Lothar.

• Re: Want to buy Raspberry Pi 2 Model B v1.1
          clem57

Since this happened awhile ago, this is going to be semi hard.:

The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the second generation Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ in February 2015. Compared to the Raspberry Pi 1 it has:

Only used ones will probably be found and not the current sellers thru distribution channels (OEM). You did not state where you are, but here is one in the UK(sorry no USA) at Raspberry Pi 2 Model B V1.1 with Official Case + 16 Gig Micro SD + WiFi Dongle | eBay . A careful Google search may urn up more, or just look in ebay. But no guarantees that the seller knows the difference, so buyer beware.

Clem

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            andrewxn

The 1.1 boards are still available -

about 10,000 of them in stock in the UK as of today.

But they are shipping them to South Africa.

I know this, Since I am IN South Africa,

and just bought a NEW, fresh off the plane Pi 2.

And when I unpack it - its version 1.1 -

which is a bit of a bummer, since I wanted a 1.2 board for testing!

I phoned, and they assure me thats all we are getting, until stocks run out.

And they told me they have over 10,000 in stock, in their UK supply.

So I can ship you back as many as you want!

but better I think to hassle RS components there!

Andrew

andrewxn

yep, just checked "real Time stock" :-

http://za.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-microcontroller-development-kits/8326274/?redirect-relevancy-data=636F3D3126696E…

and I kept asking for more and more until it finally said:

"10725 Available in 4–6 working days for collection or delivery to major cities, unless heavy, bulky, hazardous or lithium metal (T&C’s Apply)"

(note at the bottom, under 'specification' where it clearly states "

Revision1.1

I didn't check:( hence surprised when I didn't get a 1.2 board.  and no, there is NO option to select the 1.2 board,

I asked why, and their help desk says we/africa are only getting the 1.1 boards, until supply stock is exhausted.

So I'm quite happy to buy here and ship back to you, for a mere 10% + shipping

But I suggest RS in UK SHOULD be able to get hold of the things, since they are in stock THERE!

Andrew