2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 2:56 PM by d3angc

Convert mobile DVD player to Pi Entertainment system

threealarm

Ben,

I've got these portable dvd players that mount on the rear head rests in a vehicle.

I'm planning on removing the DVD guts, then replace with a R PIv3 with kodi installed.

Since this is to be designed with my kids in mind, I also plan to add in the necessary module for  wireless game controllers.

I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a build, I could send you one of the sets that I have.

• Re: Convert mobile DVD player to Pi Entertainment system
          william_hoffer

First off I like te idea. I do have two questions, First off by your last sentance I am taken to understand you are talking about a system that has twin screen (one for the back of the driver seat and one for the back of the passanger seat) Am I correct? Second question, can you give me the brand and model number so I may do some research to see what I might be able to do with this set up?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Convert mobile DVD player to Pi Entertainment system
            d3angc

I have built one. It works quite well. I would suggest that you use an in car DVD player with aux input and solder direct to this channel. Then wire the power input from the pi to the built in usb on the dvd player. It will all run from the built in battery and you can port out the pi usb to the bottom of the player so wired controllers can still be used.

1 of 1 people found this helpful