4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 2:23 AM by e14softwareuk

Reporting bugs

Sparkylabs

I am finding numerous bugs, is there a proper way to submit these or do I just rant abut it on the forum safe in the knowledge no one cares and they will never be fixed..... I installed the latest update claiming to fix bugs, when in actual fact bugs have increased since the update, is altium the secret behind windows or is Microsoft writing software for altium?????

• Re: Reporting bugs
          e14softwareuk

There is a very simple way to submit bug reports, just email software@element14.com with the report and steps to reproduce. These bugs can then be passed on to Altium where the reports are not simply down to user error or misunderstanding.

Sparkylabs

Oh there was one big misunderstanding alright when I bought this software. Why don't you buy out proteus, tell them how easy to use software should work and get them to write it, then I can have the best of both worlds. libraries don't delete themselves and what on earth posses software to of it's own volition take my resistor library (the one I hand crafted myself because "the vault" is a joke) and turn all of the pin "2" into pin "0" meaning I had to manually re-edit the entire library to be able to continue with my design. OK I'll email as you suggest, as for the bugs being reproducible........ perhaps we could try the preemptive measure of reproducing stable software, this is I am sad to say becoming a joke and I thought I had finally come home to a well supported software that I could settle down to use for my career after trying everything else. You provide an update to "fix bugs" yet produce a whole load more.....

gwideman

Hi Peter: Is there a way to view known bugs and their status, as in a proper bug reporting system? This so as to avoid going to the effort of re-reporting known bugs, and also finding out whether a particular bug is on the road to being fixed or has a workaround?

I'm starting to get a few Access Violation and "Catastrophic" errors (just running your tutorial series), which I allow CS to submit, but want to know if I should do more, and also how representative this frequency of errors is.

e14softwareuk

Hi Graham, at present the best option is to send though to us here at software@element14.com and we will submit a ticket to Altium where appropriate. We are working on a more formal knowledge base for CircuitStudio which we are hoping will be live early next year. The aim would be to make it easier to find bug reports, workarounds and general hints and tips on making best use of the software.

1 of 1 people found this helpful