4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 5:18 AM by bheemarao

Problem on RioT Board Compilation

santhoshkarthiktce

Hi,

In our Corporate network Git is blocked, So while compiling I had below error,

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/philb/update-rc.d.git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source

ERROR: Task 248 (virtual:native:/home/irgmhm/karthik/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d_0.7.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

I think this is because of fetching update-rc.d script from Git site, So Please share any mirror link for the above script file or give me solution for the above error.

Thanks i advance.

• Re: Problem on RioT Board Compilation
          bheemarao

Hi Santhosh,

Can you check the imx community links below:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/351522

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2016-March/028986.html

Please refer to manpages for more details:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man8/update-rc.d.8.html

update-rc.d  updates   the   System   V   style   init   script   links

/etc/rcrunlevel.d/NNname  whose  target is the script /etc/init.d/<file:///
          etc\init.d\>name.

These links are run  by  init  when  it  changes  runlevels;  they  are

generally  used  to  start  and  stop  system services such as daemons.

runlevel  is  one  of  the  runlevels  supported   by   init,   namely,

0123456789S,  and  NN  is the two-digit sequence number that determines

where in the sequence init will run the scripts.

update-rc.d  updates   the   System   V   style   init   script   links

/etc/rcrunlevel.d/NNname  whose  target is the script /etc/init.d/<file:///
          etc\init.d\>name.

These links are run  by  init  when  it  changes  runlevels;  they  are

generally  used  to  start  and  stop  system services such as daemons.

runlevel  is  one  of  the  runlevels  supported   by   init,   namely,

0123456789S,  and  NN  is the two-digit sequence number that determines

where in the sequence init will run the scripts.

update-rc.d should exist in “/usr/bin/update-rc.d”

Best Regards

Bheema Rao

santhoshkarthiktce

Hi bheemarao,

Thanks Bheemarao for providing some suggestion. I referred all the link which you mentioned  and they are suggesting to go with recent BSP(imx-3.10.17 ga to imx-3.10.53 ga). I would like to know whether our board(RIOT board) file configuration is available in the recent BSP(imx-3.10.53). or else let me know any mirror link for git://github.com/philb/update-rc.d.git.

In update-rc.d_0.7.bb file above link is mentioned as a source link. Please help me on this as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

santhoshkarthiktce

Hi bheemarao,

Can you please help me on this.

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/philb/update-rc.d.git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/irgmhm/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/update-rc.d-native/0.7-r5/temp/log.do_fetch.3806

ERROR: Task 248 (virtual:native:/home/irgmhm/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d_0.7.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

I am not able to resolve this error. I downloaded update.rc.d source file from different pc and I put it in my pc manually and I am trying to config in update-rc.d_0.7.bb in

SRC_URI = "git://github.com/philb/update-rc.d.git \ with my Local location but that file is read only so can't edit also. Please give me solution for this.