1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 8:34 PM by CadSoft Guest

How to create copper split rings on the top layer

CadSoft Guest

Hi,

I am just a beginner at using Eagle, nevertheless have spent considerable time trying to figure out how to create double split rings with copper tracks in Eagle. Is there an easy way to do so (image 0 below of what I want to do)?

I have tried the following methods, to no avail.

1. Using the circle tool - cannot edit the circle to form the split with polygon cutout or tRestict and cannot assign signal name. The circle is treated as an uneditable shape.

2. Creating circles with the polygon tool - I created a circle with the polygon tool by alternating between wire bend style 0 and 4 and making the polygon solid. I then did the same with a polygon circle of smaller radius and set it to cutout polygon. The problem with this is that I cannot place my smaller split ring within the cutout region of the inner larger split ring.

3. Using the arc tool - I could make the shape of the ring, except when I try to cut out the split it behaves the same as the circle - it is uneditable (polygon cutout & tRestrict rectangle do not react with the arc).

4. Single solid polygon, using tRestrict - this is the closest I've come to as a solution, where I use circles in tRestrict to cut out the spaces between the solid rings. Problem is, the boundaries of tRestrict form really jagged edges, and I need it to be smooth (as it is a resonator).

I have spent far too long trying to figure this out and am currently at a mental block. Any help would be appreciated.

--

To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:

https://www.element14.com/community/message/227040

Attachments:

0.JPG

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• Re: How to create copper split rings on the top layer
          CadSoft Guest

On 12/08/2017 1:36 a.m., Billy Pappas wrote:

Hi,

I am just a beginner at using Eagle, nevertheless have spent considerable time trying to figure out how to create double split rings with copper tracks in Eagle. Is there an easy way to do so (image 0 below of what I want to do)?......

Your images are not available to readers. Even attempting to view then

at E14, the site has a problem making them available  Please revisit

your post and load them differently if you can. If you are replicating a

resonator style from the web just provide the url to that image. It

should not be difficult to create what you want. It should be built as a

library part so it can be used many times and you can build in

attachment points in the form of SMD pads within the copper of the

resonator.

Warren

--

... use NNTP://news.cadsoft.de and a functional news reader like

Thunderbird!

... or http://www.eaglecentral.ca browser access to CadSoft EAGLE

support forums.

---

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

https://www.avast.com/antivirus