1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 8:13 PM by the-dubster

Will a used preloaded Micro SD for a RPi B work to get started on a RPi B+?

dunnor

Is the NOOBS software that is preloaded on a Micro SD card for a PI 2 model B micro controler OK to use to get up and running with a PI model B+ micro controler? Besides the preloaded program, there may be user programs written on the SD card. Using a card reader is still necessary to get started? How easy is it to screw things up? May I try using the SD slot first?

• Re: Will a used preloaded Micro SD for a RPi B work to get started on a RPi B+?
          the-dubster

As far as I'm aware there is only the one download of NOOBS - not one for each version of the PI.

Usual advice is to always use the latest version of NOOBS (currently Ver 2.4.2). It can  be obtained from here

As the NOOBS image is not just an OS (there is an installer and other OS options), I see no issue with having other software on the card. To run it you'd have to point the PI to it to execute code as far as I'm aware.

As for the rest of the question (and to clarify / correct my answer) - I hand you over to more qualified colleagues.

1 of 1 people found this helpful