2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2017 2:19 PM by truhlik_fredy

Ratsnets desition make based on different layer

truhlik_fredy

Hello everybody,

I'm wondering if following is possible. I need to have a ratsnets being made based on top layer, but the polygon itself needs to be stored in a different layer. I need to automate process with cam and I need to have it stored under different layer to apply different settings to the job. But the ratsnets needs to be decided on the top layer.

Thanks in advance for any hints or ideas.

PS: if it's possible in any specific version I don't mind upgrading/downgrading.

• Re: Ratsnets desition make based on different layer
          rachaelp

Hello,

I'm not really sure where to start with this, maybe I am missing something. Do you actually mean ratsnest? That function generates an optimal set of airwires and processes the polygons and it's not run from the CAM processor it's run from the board. If you tell us exactly are you trying to achieve somebody might be able to point you in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Rachael

• Re: Ratsnets desition make based on different layer
              truhlik_fredy

I think I need what I exactly I'm asking for. My CAM process is very custom and not to a typical setup so that's why probably that confusion. But I need a polygon which will be filled in but it will avoid the traces, like ratsnets does. But ratnests avoids only the traces which are on his layer, I need the ratsnets to avoid traces from the top layer, while being in different layer.