2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 2:28 PM by gam3t3ch

Looking a for Facial Recognition Hardware Tester!

e14phil

Hello everyone,

Well... I have a treat for you today!

We have been approached by OMRON to help them look for someone to build a project and write about using their HVC system.

HVC stands for Human Vision Components, which is a OKAO image / human / face recognition system with all the processing on board that communicates its findings via UART.

The board and camera set has detection and processing on board for:

• Face Detection
      • Face Recognition
      • Gender Estimation
      • Age Estimation
      • Expression Estimation
      • Facial Pose Estimation
      • Gaze Estimation
      • Blink Estimation
      • Hand Detection
      • Human Body Detection

Product Link:

B5T-007001-010 OMRON ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS, Sensor, Image Recognition, Human Vision Components, 50 Degree, 1600 x 1200 P…

Technical PDF with features and interfacing:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2305641.pdf

OMRON have one board up for grabs and a pot of money for a fee for some one that can:

• Take the product through its paces.
      • Build a test project with it.
      • Blog about it on the element14 community.
      • Demonstrate its 10 Functions.
      • Interact with it via UART as party of a project.
      • Interact with the product using USB and the SDK in a Windows Operating system environment. (The product prefers Windows 7)

Person Spec

Do you think you can handle this product?

Would you like to own this product for free?

Can you write an interesting blog with rich media?

Would you like to be paid a set fee for all this?

Do you have experience with UART?

Can you building and documenting projects?

Do you have experience on Windows 7 for installing the GUI SDK?

If you answered yes to all of these questions I would love for you to comment below about what your plans would be if they were to send you the product. :-)

Super Small Print. Payment would be after completion of the Blog(s) and at the discretion of OMRON, this is an external exchange between omron and the engineer and subject to their terms.

• Re: Looking a for Facial Recognition Hardware Tester!
          cybermah

Wow, this board looks amazing.  I've done some work with OpenCV where I created a small system for facial detection / recognition then give a confidence reading and its no wheres near what this board can do by itself.  The fact the board does ten different functions and its all builtin would cut down a lot of work. From the information I could find it looks like you have access to it all functions just by sending commands and receiving data though the UART or USB which makes me wonder why you need to use a Window OS. 

Is the need for a windows environment because of the sdk? Or is it more for ease of installing and managing the image database?

Also something I wasn't sure about is are you looking for more of a hardware project where you would create a device to connect to the board and preform some actions based on features detected like unlock a car door and if authorized allow starting of the car?

or a software project where you can make a decision based on the features detected send an alerts to someones phone?

Thanks

Dana.

• Re: Looking a for Facial Recognition Hardware Tester!
            gam3t3ch

I just recently got into making projects with face detection and would say the resolution on this would be better then what I am using right now.

I would use it more for home security and or for facial recognition for other applications with facial recognition with using something of a higher quality face mapping and detection ticks twitches and other things could be use for interrogation methods in real time would be cool to play with in a conversation.  Basically with a unit like this would mean projects would come to life better and be able to distinguish between items and features with more ease and less false positives which would be awesome.

To be honest given the change I would love to rip through a bunch of different projects and see how it preforms vs other cameras and devices as well as pushing the application of "quality control" in image use.  currently working on a setup with a 360 degree tracker which would be interesting to use as a poi addition to it.