2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 12:45 PM by martinskrut

Color Issue: Reds Appear Blue, Etc

donnieclark

Sorry, I am new to the Raspberry Pi, RetroPie, and the forums here in general, but I have tried a bit of troubleshooting on my own and seem to be getting nowhere. I tried searching the forum here for this issue, and while I found a couple posts related, none seemed to be dealing with the issue "out of the box" but had it crop up while they were editing other configurations. None of the solutions I saw on the other posts seemed to work.

The gist of the problem is that color reproduction is wrong. The most obvious symptom is that reds appear blue, and I am not 100% sure, but I think that red isn't being transmitted at all which causes the other colors to appear off as well. I have included some photos at the bottom (please accept my apologies for them being upside down. I am not sure why it is doing that? On my computer they appear right side up, but when I attach them to this post it includes them upside down. I hope it stills illustrates my issue.)

The issue existed the first time I powered the unit on, and it seems to start from the moment it boots (you will see in the photo the first boot screen with the 4 raspberries on it has blue/purple raspberries). It persists throughout the entire run of retropie, from the menus to all the games I have tried.

I also had no audio when I first launched RetroPie, but was able to fix my no audio problem by adding hdmi_drive=2 and hdmi_force_edid_audio=1. However, in reviewing the rest of the config.txt I did not see anything that appeared to address color that I could edit.

Hoping people here have seen this problem before and can guide me to steps I might try to fix it. If you need any additional info on the setup or to get logs or something, please let me know and bare with me in terms of providing the exact info as this is my first foray into this kind of tinkering. Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

Pi Model: Pi 3, Model B, 1GB RAM

RetroPie Version Used: RetroPie 3.8.1

Built From: SD Image, using Apple Pi Baker for OSX

USB Devices connected: PS3 Controller, USB thumbdrive with games, keyboard

Controller used: PS3 Dualshock 3

Error messages received: None, but the color issue described above exists

Guide used: Lifehacker Guide and RetroPie wiki

Emulator: All of the emulators I have tried have this color issue, also the front end UI

Attachment of config files: I can provide my config file if needed, but it is the default RetroPie 3.8.1 config file, the only modifications made are the audio changes to make audio work over HDMI, specifically hdmi_drive=2 and hdmi_force_edid_audio=1

Television & Hookup: RetroPie is hooked up via HDMI to an 8 year old Westinghouse TV. TV has recently been tested with several other devices on the TV which all reproduce correct colors, and I have tested several HDMI cords and other HDMI inputs on the TV with the Pi to make sure it isn't that either. It's billed as a 720p LCD but it's true native resolution of 1360x768 for some reason.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3191/color-issue-reds-appear-blue-etc

https://blog.advids.co/20-top-marketing-campaign-examples-with-creative-product-ads/

product ad examples