Hey John, I have an answer for you but its a bit of a work around as its not in the software as of now. To create a template to CircuitStudio this is what you'll have to do:
1. create your project you want to use as a template
2. give the project, sch, and pcb files the same name (file extension can be different)
3. save these files here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Altium\CS\Templates\PCB Projects
4. add to the "PCB Project Templates.ini" file in the same folder as step 3
using step 2 as an example we would put an entry into the INI as follows[MyTemplate]
Title= My custom project template
Description=Starter PCB w/title block, Schematic with Titleblock, Project with options set.
(you can also add an EMF image of the same name if you want a visual preview)
5. Restart / open CircuitStudio
6. Create a new project : file>new project Here you should see a custom category in the templates list
Thanks Alexsander. I'll try that.
hey John, do you want to look for PCB supplier for the lower cost
I have recently moved to Circuit Studio from Protel 99SE and am mostly enjoying the extra features while not having too steep a learning curve as it's quite similar to my old system.
My only real issue is that I've lost the old Protel PCB wizard which used to generate a template for my PCBs with our logo, board name, date, revision, etc,. etc..
I have looked extensively through CS's various menus and settings and, unless I'm wrong there is no way of making a new PCB with a template showing the same information as before.
Am I wrong? Is there some way of generating templates for PCBs?