Please please fix the ludicrously bad forum (aka discussions) navigation/discoverability. It's bad for us users, and it surely must be bad for the development of community which you seem to want to promote, and it makes element 14 look rather clueless in comparison with every other site that implements forums in a consistent manner.
The main problem is this: It's relatively easy to stumble onto the main "place" page for a topic. Here I'll use Altium CircuitStudio as an example:
But on that page there's a blizzard of rubbish, including TWO lists of distractions: "Featured Content" and "Recent Forum Posts". But it's virtually impossible from this page to discover how to get to the actual forum message listing at:
In fact, realizing that you are not using standard forum software, and seeing the "Recent Forum Posts" list, I suspect most users assume that this dumbed-down arbitrarily truncated list is the actual forum message list, and don't realize that there's a proper list at the link I just mentioned.
The only way I ever manage to find the real forum message list is by these convoluted steps:
1. Somehow google or otherwise get to the All Places > Manufacturers >[specific manufacturer page]
2. In the "Recent Forum Posts", select a post and navigate to it. I don't care about that post, but that allows me to...
3. At the top of the single post page, click on the Discussions link in the breadcrumbs.
3. Ahhh -- success. This finally takes me to the actual posts list, with author, date of last activity, whether there are any replies, and so on.
Why oh why is this so obtuse? Why isn't it just like any other forum system has been for the entire 21st century?
Here's an example at your main community competitor:
2. Click on the Forum link in the prominent menu.
Boom, you're on the right track to finding the group you want to look at. And anybody who is likely to be a community member of element14 is likely to be very familiar with how to navigate in that structure.
Look, it's fine that you've developed your own community software so you can mix/muddle together forums, blog posts and other content. It just seems a tremendous wasted opportunity when you make plain simple features like forum discovery and navigation work so poorly that it makes you look stupid, and frustrates goals of both yourselves and participants.
Sophisticated plan for how to fix it:
On each All Places > Manufacturers >[specific manufacturer page]:
1. get rid of the dumbed-down "Recent Forum Posts panel
2. replace it with a nice big (say 48px height) link labeled "Go To Forum".