Hey Ben, I was wondering if you could make a PS2 Slimline Portable if you have not already? I myself have a couple PS2's at home and always find myself wishing I could take them with me to watch old Simpsons DVD's and play Gran Turismo on the go a bit easier. I think it'd be awesome if it included:
- The optical drive, of course (would probably would well on the back and have a flip-open cover similar to a PS1's disc drive cover
- At least one controller port for stuff like wireless receivers or a second controller
- Ability to connect to an external monitor/TV
- Have some kind of way to have replaceable-when-dead rechargeable battery pack that can be charged from the wall to the PS2 via a laptop-style adapter of sorts rather than a bunch of AA or AAA batteries (if possible) so that it saves money
- Have at least one memory slot to save games on because not being able to save is rather unfortunate
- Maybe a headphone jack? I do not believe any PS2's had one, so that'd be a rather interesting challenge.
- Though not necessary, an extra bonus would be to have at least 1 USB port like the original did
- Of course, the built in controller controls
- Yet another unnecessary bonus could be adding an Ethernet port that I'm not sure all of them had, I know my silver one has it though I don't use it
- A quick note is that you probably already know this but it would be a good idea to use a 7900x series slimline as I believe it has the most compact internals out of all of them and plus hey nothing wrong with a newer model, right?
- IP 66 Rating
I think this would be a nice experience for the viewers to watch, and be an interesting challenge to build. I think you could do it considering the N64 portable you did (Fantastic job by the way! Love the silver accents on it). I actually have a 79001 PS2 Slim that I could totally send in if you'd like, but if I do that would you send the handheld back to me? I can pay you whatever you need that video revenue can't give.
Have a wonderful day,
Update: I have began to do this myself, the reason for which is explained with the answer I selected for this discussion, so here's the link:
*Quick note, I am very new to Element 14 so if anyone has constructive criticism, please do share.