2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 8:48 AM by beacon_dave

Arduino, keypad and motors

spidermonkey12w

Hello and thank you for reading this and helping me out.

Im still new to the arduino and all it can do, but I have a project I'm working on. I am trying to learn how to code in the IDE and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

My question for anyone, is I want to be able to push a button, or series of buttons on one of the keypads that you can buy for the arduino. After the desired buttons are pressed I want a small flow meter to turn on for a set amount of time. I already have a code worked out that calculates and displays the total amount of liquid passed through it on the serial monitor. What I'm trying to figure out is how to I implement code into my sketch that will turn the motor off after a set amount of liquid has been sensed passing through?

Ideally, I have my arduino as the brain, the keypad as the input and I need to be able to turn on the motors and track the flow for X amount of time. At another time Id like to be able to also hook up a small LCD screen as well that will display a set message after buttons have been pushed.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for any help.

Jay