3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 2:24 AM by Matt Collinge

Code formatting issue

abrain

Hi, I've been creating a RoadTest review that contains the following text.

#include <xdc/runtime/System.h>

#include <ti/drivers/I2C.h>

#include <ti/drivers/i2c/I2CCC26XX.h>

#include "board.h"

#include "board_lcd.h"

#include <math.h>

When I format this code as C++ (which I notice I can't do on this form for some reason), if I then edit the page at all, rather than simply creating the review, the entries with < in are removed from the < symbol to the end of the line, as in:

#include

#include

#include >

#include "board.h"

#include "board_lcd.h"

#include

My guess is that it's something to do with escaping that < symbol until the end of the line, but I've not been able to find a workaround other than either not formatting that text, or make inserting that section of text the last thing I do!

In in case it helps, I was using Safari as the browser.

Hopefully this will enable you to recreate the issue, and hopefully solve it too!

Many thanks

A

• Re: Code formatting issue
          e14megan

Hey Alex,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Someone from the Dev Team (dudley.nelson, mcollinge) should be able to confirm, but from what I can tell the  syntax highlighting is not properly replacing the < > with the HTML entities. I was able to recreate this issue on a regular document, so it's not specific to road test reviews.

The quick and dirty work around would be to go into the HMTL editor and use &lt; and &gt; instead of < > respectively, i.e.

&lt;Test&gt;

Which would show up as...

... even after you edit it.

I'll put in a dev requests to see if we can get a proper fix!

1 of 1 people found this helpful