12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 2:26 PM by nobble

Nobble intends to Hack Like Heck (And DOES!)

nobble

VOTE FOR ME BY CLICKING HERE AND LIKING THE PAGE!

Hello Element 14 and TBHS! My name is Elliot, aka Nobble,

I am very excited to announce that I am entering the Hack Like Heck Contest! I am an electronics wiz at the age of 24 that knows how to do some crazy projects! With my drive to create, build, destroy, fix, and modify electronics and handheld devices, I feel confident enough to handle a project like a Raspberry Pi Portable (again!).

In my early years as a modder, I watched Ben and other portablizer enthusiasts online make these amazing handhelds with TV consoles and batteries. The soft, malleable fat-mass inside my head instantly was on fire! I had to do this TOO!!! So I decided to build a Portable SNES. Worked great, except for I had an external battery pack...welp. The second try was a N64p, that worked better! I ended up making 2 of those and moved on to a X360 laptop. I have a knack for "Frankencasing" my projects together and love a challenge!

Currently I am working on building and documenting a 2-in-1 Wii / Pi Zero W portable console for my YouTube Channel. I dubbed it the Wiikipad Switch because I am building it out of the Gamevice Wikipad Controller (DON'T SUE Mii..). You can check out my work log HERE. Also, I am planning on making a Gameboy Pi soon!

I also made a Hackaday Project Page dedicated to this contest where I will post all my project updates!

Here is the required information for my entry:

• I intend to make a video that shows me creating a working project
      • I will post the video on the element14 Community by the submission deadline
      • If my video is one of the top 10 finalists I will receive $500 for my video

Here is the less than 60 seconds entry video I submitted.

And here is my extended version that shows more of my projects!

BIG THANKS TO BEN HECK AND THE TEAM! You are all a huge inspiration to me and my work, especially early on.

I hope you like my video entries and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

Follow me for more future builds!

-nobble