3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 2:52 AM by e14softwareuk

[BUG] Fringed text in assembly drawing print output

batuu

When I want do generate my assembly drawing output, I get a pdf file with fringed texts. Anything I can do about this?

• Re: Fringed text in assembly drawing print output
          e14softwareuk

This seems to be related to the use of TrueType fonts, either CS is not rendering at a high enough resolution or applying anti-aliasing. Try switching to a stroke font to see if these print better.

• Re: Fringed text in assembly drawing print output
              batuu

Hey Peter,

I'm coming back to this issue. The designator strings are still rendered wrong and are frindged. On the other hand strings generated with the dimensioning tools are pretty perfect. They even are selectable strings in the PDF file. The designators are not selectable so they seem to NOT get inserted as text into the PDF document.

Because the strings are handled differently for me this is a bug.

Please report this to the programmers, if anyone is still working on this software.

• Re: [BUG] Fringed text in assembly drawing print output
                  e14softwareuk

Hi Oliver. I think the effect you are seeing here with dimension text is the automatic font substitution in play. I am guessing that on the design the dimension text is a stroke font - when you generate the PDF there is the option to convert to TrueType fonts and such text does get inserted into the PDF as actual text.

This seems to apply to any text so if designators use a stroke font they will also get converted to real text.