11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2018 3:42 PM by Sparkylabs

setting via's net bug

Sparkylabs

So i am trying to add some GND vias onto what is already a polygon pour of a different net. So I start my via placement and press tab before placing so that I can pick the net, choose my net, place the via and hey presto my explicit instructions are ignored..... Any chance this ever gets fixed?

• Re: setting via's net bug
          Sparkylabs

To add insult to injury if i try and copy and paste a corrected via it just sets they new via's to "no net" so now I have 10 via's to manually edit and hopefully I have no forgotten any more.

Sparkylabs

A further bug now with the "brand spanking new" filter tool in 1.5.... IF I have set that I only want to select via's and I drag my mouse pointer from a pad to track to free space it starts creating new tracks that is should not be able to do because I am in select mode NOT track mode and am filtering on via's only - when did tracks come into it?

Sparkylabs

Also if i have all filters cleared where presumably anything goes I cant actually select a track I have to explicitly filter tracks in order to select them at all even though it is in "all objects" mode! Where do i send my invoice for being a beta tester for an update that apparently was not going to be released until tested and found to be stable??

Sparkylabs

I have the following error:

Class Document Source Message Time Date No. Error 7736 SYS PCB.CSPcbDoc Pin Swapper No Components have been enabled for Swapping in PCB Document 7736 SYS PCB.CSPcbDoc 12:14:46 06/06/2018 51

I have no idea why, i was not trying to do anything with pin swapping......

voltsandjolts

"So i am trying to add some GND vias onto what is already a polygon pour of a different net. So I start my via placement and press tab before placing so that I can pick the net, choose my net, place the via and hey presto my explicit instructions are ignored..... Any chance this ever gets fixed?"

That happens to me too first time around but after that vias are placed as per net assignment of previous via. Placing inside a polygon area does seem to affect this, even when unpoured. Workaround is place the vias outside the board then drag them to where you need them.

"To add insult to injury if i try and copy and paste a corrected via it just sets they new via's to "no net" so now I have 10 via's to manually edit and hopefully I have no forgotten any more."

Yes, that happens to me also. You can select all no-net vias with filter tool: PCB Filter > Free > Via and then change them all at once with Inspector.

Sparkylabs

OK I'll give that a go some time. Just the sorts of things that hopefully would have been fixed. At least there is a work around.

e14softwareuk

Tested placing vias and all seems to work as expected. Home | Via to start, TAB to set net and then drop several vias and they do remember the net. You are correct in that using copy/paste sets copies to No Net.

Sparkylabs

I think my problem was because I was placing vias over an area that could have been to different nets, which is why i took the trouble to specify it, pity altium could not take the trouble to code their software to do as told..... copy and paste is just that, if things had of worked first time as they should have I would not have been trying to copy and paste and even that does not work as it should.