2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2018 11:45 AM by tclemcpe

Circuit Studio Layer Bug

tclemcpe

Hello,

I have just updated my Circuit Studio to 1.5 and am having some weird issues. When I update the PCB from a schematic and all the components and nets are added to the PCB, Some of the component layers get messed up. All top silkscreen designators are changed to bottom silkscreen and mirrored ( other silkscreen tracks are fine for the component). Also, some pads in a footprint that are set to be on the bottom layer are changed to the top layer after the PCB is updated which causes errors. right now the only way I have been able to fix this is by changing each pad and designator to the correct layer in the PCB even though the footprints show the correct layer placement in the library. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

• Re: Circuit Studio Layer Bug
          e14softwareuk

Hi. When placing new components onto the PCB (update from schematic) the defaults are used for some parameters - this is a technique which can be used to set up the designator text for added components. It is a possibility that this could be affecting other properties so worth checking out. Start placing any random component onto the PCB and hit TAB before final placement and go through the properties to make sure they are all sensible and what you would want for newly added components. Finish placing the component and then try updating the board from the schematic.

• Re: Circuit Studio Layer Bug
            tclemcpe

Perfect Peter, that was exactly what I needed. Somehow the default settings got messed up but it is now fixed.

Thank you!