Greetings Community Members!
The Movers and Shakers theme involved building any projects that moved and shake. It could be any project that causes things to move or shake such as ones that use servo motors, stepper motors, vibration motors, solenoids, mechatronics, levers, and linkages.
It also payed homage to some of the great Movers and Shakers in the science and technology such as Michael Faraday and Nikola Tesla, and to anyone that moves progress forward by forcing change for the sake of knowledge.
Building on this theme was a poll by jc2048 called Poll for what jc2048 does in Project 14 Movers and Shakers which embodied the spirit of Project14 by asking the community members to choose which Movers and Shakers project they wanted to see him build. They got to choose from projects in honor of the following Movers and Shakers: Ibert, Don Quixote, Shakespeare, and of course Faraday.
Shakespeare, The Electric Bard won out. In tribute, and anticipation of what may very well be the first project on the element14 community dedicated to the Bard, I wore the following Shakespeare T-shirt to Geek Friday (the team wears their favorite Geeky T-shirt the first Friday of every month and votes on their favorite one:
jc2048 always produces great content so as a fan of Shakespeare, can't wait to see what the finished project looks like... I'm sure it will be amazing, the community definitely needs more Shakespeare projects! Also joining in on the fun, in honor of the great Tesla, was a first time project from ipfreely who paid tribute to Nicolas Tesla with Converting an existing effect pedal to operate a second effects unit using a resistive strip sensor.
The world was finally introduced the community to Walky the Biped Robot, a project that echoed the Star Wars and all the drama of a Shakespearean tragedy and redemption arc. There was a prequel named Walky the Biped Robot - The prequel, a tragic fall in Walky the Biped Robot - Oops, Walky has an accident! ; a New Hope in Walky the Biped Robot - A new hope (actually a new body and battery) ; a new body made of robotic parts followed by rehab in Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII gets some eyes. , Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII gets his legs , Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII gets a new brain ; Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII is learning to walk again! , and Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII is learning to walk again! (part 2) ; and finally the conclusion of the Walky the Biped saga with Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII the final chapter. .
Although its hard to believe, this was genebren first entry to a contest on the community and it was a masterpiece! The great projects did not stop there, as carmelito and Workshopshed , made his theme special, as they have done so many times in the past, with their continued excellence with Continuous Servo Bot - using Arduino Nano and Jumbo Servo .
With so many great projects, its now the community members turn to decide who wins. A job this tough couldn't possibly do this alone.
You're under no obligation to vote for the best project but we do ask that you look for complete projects and let us know your thoughts on the winners you pick.
The guidelines are loosely structured but are designed to encourage complete project submissions (with steps and video proof), and we want this program to be something that everyone in the community can participate to post smaller projects that fit within a theme (a theme the members pick in a monthly poll) .
For each project submission did the entrant do the following:
- Follow the Steps - Did they provide the steps it took to complete the project (text, video, or images) and/or schematics.
- Submit Video Proof - Did they post a video proof of their project?
- Stick to the Theme - How well did the project stick to the theme of the competition?
- Demonstrate Originality - Did they come up with a clever name for their project? Or did they introduce something new or that is not commercially available?
Those of you that have volunteered to judge in the past, you know the drill. Comment below to let me know or message me directly at tariq.ahmad .
Here is the list of projects to choose from for Movers and Shakers:
Walky the Biped Robot by genebren
- Walky the Biped Robot - The prequel
- Walky the Biped Robot - Power pack
- Walky the Biped Robot - Oops, Walky has an accident!
- Walky the Biped Robot - A new hope (actually a new body and battery)
- Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII gets some eyes.
- Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII gets his legs
- Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII gets a new brain
- Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII is learning to walk again!
- Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII is learning to walk again! (part 2)
- Walky the Biped Robot - WalkyII the final chapter.
Continuous Servo Bot by carmelito