4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2018 6:43 AM by snidhi

SDK with Windows 10 problem

rsc

I've been having a problem with the SDK while trying to complete the labs.  When I start a new application and select one of the templates such as Hello World, the SDK closes after it makes the directories.  I have to restart the SDK to download and run.  Is anyone else having this problem? It doesn't happen every time though, sometimes it just minimizes the SDK window while it's compiling.

Scott

• Re: SDK with Windows 10 problem
          shabaz

Hi Scott,

I've not seen that yet, but I've only created one application based on the template. I'll try tonight to create several more applications, in an attempt to replicate what you're seeing.

I'm running windows 10 too.

I'm not very good at Windows 10 app troubleshooting, I'm wondering does the Windows Event Viewer maybe reveal any clue at the times it occurred?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              rsc

I'll look at that next time,  Vivado takes 26 seconds to start up also, have you seen that?  I wonder if this PC is having page faults or swap issues.

It looks like my CPU usage goes to %100 when the SDK is first launched, especially if I have a training video running in the background.

Scott

Fred27

It's painfully slow to open, isn't it? And not even a splash screen whilst you wait to show that you have done it.

It also seems strange that it takes ages to synthesize a design compared to compiling some code - especially considering the potential speed gains when running it.

snidhi

I had the issue that sometimes when I launched the SDK from Vivado the SDK folder would be made and then suddenly SDK shut down automatically without a warning.

I refreshed and restarted the SDK standalone and just went ahead with the recent design file. I am also using Windows 10

Cheers