5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 10:29 AM by jafoste4

USB-JTAG Unusable

gaochangw

Hi,

I am using the MMP baseboard 2 with Zynq MMP XC7Z100 Rev.C. The board can be booted by SD card but the USB-JTAG on the baseboard is unusable. I always fail to program the bitstream to the board by USB-JTAG in Xilinx SDK. I couldn't find any instruction about enabling the USB-JTAG in the manuals. Is there anything I have to do before using the USB-JTAG? Thank you very much.

Best,

Chang

• Do you have a jumper
          npoureh

Do you have a jumper installed on the Baseboard JP2 pins 2-3?

• Yes
              gaochangw

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I connected JP2 pins 2-3 but did not work.

I actually have another customized baseboard with the same USB-JTAG module, which works well. So I am really confused by this 'original' baseboard.

• Hello Change,
              jafoste4

Hello Change,

Did you follow these guidelines in setting up your MMP with your PC?

--Josh

• Yes
                  gaochangw

Hi Josh,

Yes, I did exactly the same thing except I don't have SW13 and SW14 switch on my baseboard (maybe it's not Rev. B? ). I tried it again but still unable to use USB JTAG. BTW, how do you confirm the number of pins. For example, for JP2, how can I know which two pins are 2-3 or 1-2? I checked the manual but it doesn't show this. Thank you very much.

Best,

Chang

• Hello Chang,
                  jafoste4

Hello Chang,

Excellent question, if you look at the silk screen around the jumper you will notice it is not a perfect rectangle, there is a corner that is angled. The jumper closest to that angled edge is considered pin 1.

So in the case of JP2:

Pin 1 = FMC

Pin 2 = TDO

Pin 3 = MMP

--Josh