This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Here are a few thoughts:
- I do not believe that there is a qualified 2nd source for the MT41K128M16JT-125:K, although to be sure, you would have to contact Digilent as they are the manufacturer of that board.
- From the Micron perspective, other temperature grades, speed grades, or going to the 256M depth would all be functionally compatible with MT41K128M16JT-125:K.
- Avnet Americas does have 3 similar products in stock, although minimum quantities are required. It might be worth checking with your local Avnet office to see if there is a way around those minimums.
- Although different boards, MicroZed and PicoZed use a very similar Micron 4G DDR3. On those boards, Avnet did qualify both Kingston and ISSI. See the following PCN: http://microzed.org/sites/default/files/documentations/Product%20Change%20Notification%20PCN16002.pdf
- From ease of use, ease of supply, ease of design, and faster time to market, I enourage you to consider designing a SOM Carrier card for one of the Zynq SOMs, like MicroZed or PicoZed, rather than doing a full chip-down design of your own. Then you don't have to worry about which specific DDR3's are compatible. You don't have to deal with high-speed layout of the DDR3/Zynq interface.
- Whether you move ahead with a carrier design or design based on ZedBoard, if you are willing to work with your Avnet FAE, they can get you the schematic/layout source files for either the ZedBoard or any of our SOM carriers. Contact your local Avnet FAE and request this.