3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 12:04 PM by jafoste4

How to add IP in Block Design

cannadya1

Quick quesiton, hopefully simple. I'm trying to integreate a Multiplier IP block into the block design shown on page 12 of this tutorial:

http://ece-research.unm.edu/jimp/codesign/Vivado/VivadoHelloWorldTutorial.pdf

But I'm having a hard time figuring out what blocks I need to add in order to support it. As it stands It won't connect to any of the ports. I assume I'll need some sort of GIPO or something? Another interconnect? I'm pretty new to this.

My end goal would be able to send a int from the processing system to the multiplier, where I'll mulitply it by some constant, and then read the resulting value with the processing system. 

• Hi Cannadya1,
          jafoste4

Hi Cannadya1,

Are you using an existing IP block or a custom IP block?

--Josh

• Hi Josh,
              cannadya1

Hi Josh,

I'm using the exisiting Mulitpler IP core. 

Originally, I was trying to use a custom core, but thought I could learn how to integrate the custom core by using the existing one first. Currently I can't figure out how to get either of them integrated. 

• Hi Cannadya1,
              jafoste4

Hi Cannadya1,

Ok thanks for clarifying, When you add the block to you system do you recieve any (Run Block Automation) thing at the top of you block design?

This is typically where I start, in most cases it will add in any additional IP blocks required to add it to your subsystem.

--Josh