6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2019 11:03 PM by peteroakes

Anyone Here Using Lascar M-Series Panel Meters?

PanelPilot .

Hi Guys

Anyone here using one of our M-Series panel meters such as the SGD 28-M? If so, what do you think of it and do you have any feedback for us?

Thanks

Chris High

Lascar Marketing Team

• Re: Anyone Here Using Lascar M-Series Panel Meters?
          jw0752

I looked at the data sheet but it doesn't give the input impedance on the input. Do you happen to know what it is?

John

PanelPilot .

Hi John

Yes, it's 10M ohms.

Thanks

Chris High

Lascar Marketing Team

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  jw0752

Thanks Chris,

I also should have asked what the resolution is.

John

PanelPilot .

Hi John

This is on the latest datasheet which I've sent to Farnell for them to update. Here's the relevant section:

Voltage Input

The SGD 28-M features 2 voltage inputs, which use a Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA) to make the best use of available resolution (the smallest voltage range offers the highest resolution). Each channel can be programmed independently, with the option of eight different input voltage ranges:

The input voltage range is decided using the two voltages that the user enters in the scaling section of the Panel Pilot software. The software uses the smallest range available, which can accommodate both of the voltages entered by the user. The absolute maximum voltage input is 40V d.c.

Entering a voltage scale of 0 – 30V in the software will use the 0 – 40V range.

Entering a voltage scale of 0 – 3V in the software will use the 0 – 4V range.

Entering a voltage scale of 5 – 15V in the software will use the 0 – 20V range.

Voltage Range (V) / Resolution (mV)

0 - 1.25 / 0.3

0 - 2.5 / 0.6

0 - 4 / 1.0

0 - 5 / 1.2

0 - 8 / 2.0

0 - 10 / 2.4

0 - 20 / 4.9

0 - 40 / 9.8

Note: V+, IN1 and IN2 share a common ground (i.e. not floating or isolated from each other).

Rgds

Chris High

Lascar Marketing Team

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  peteroakes

I am currently using one in my demonstration videos for my Youtube channel

Yes they are programmable and have 2 somewhat independent channels but the programming is limited to a few parameters from within a theme that you have to select.

Now there are alot of themes to choose and some even do calculations and provide for instance a calculated POWER given a volt and a current input (External shunt so really 2 voltage inputs)

Oh, many layouts (Themes) also have touch features like changing screens or clearing alarms.

What you cant do yet is design your own layouts, only select one of many. but if you want that flexibility there is always the big brother Panel Pilot Ace with 4 ADCs etc and fully programmable including layout design with custom graphics

Overall nice displays

4 of 4 people found this helpful