5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2019 3:37 AM by salomonreinach

Modify footprint/mask of a component

salomonreinach

Hi ! I'm new to Eagle and I have to do some modifications on a PCB. I have the .brd and .sch files of a project and I made some modifications. One of the modifications I want to do is to change the cream mask of a component. I exported the library from the .sch but I still can't access to my component from the .brd, I get an error saying that it can't find the library path. So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how I could modify the mask and the footprint of a component knowing that I didn't create the project, I just took it from a previous work.

I also tried to edit my component in the library manager and place it in my schematic deleting the wrong one but when I switch to the board it doesn't appears and I have some errors saying that board and schematic are not consistent.

If have any ideas I take them ! Thank you for your time and your help

• Re: Modify footprint/mask of a component
          salomonreinach

I think I have a problem between my libraries so I tried to follow that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Un_Z0kis6c to change all the components library to the same one, so it works in my schematic. When I'm selecting a component and showing its properties I have the good name of library. But when I do that on the board it doesn't work. I still have my hold name and different name of library. So I can't access to the option Open Device/Open Symbol in the board file. And of course I have an error saying that board and schematic are not consistent. Is anyone know why it doesn't also modify the library name of the component in my board file ? Whereas it change the ones in the schematics.

Thanks

Autodesk Guest

On 1/11/2019 2:32 AM, Rémy Silinski wrote:

Hi ! I'm new to Eagle and I have to do some modifications on a PCB. I have the .brd and .sch files of a project and I made some modifications. One of the modifications I want to do is to change the cream mask of a component. I exported the library from the .sch but I still can't access to my component from the .brd, I get an error saying that it can't find the library path. So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how I could modify the mask and the footprint of a component knowing that I didn't create the project, I just took it from a previous work.

I also tried to edit my component in the library manager and place it in my schematic deleting the wrong one but when I switch to the board it doesn't appears and I have some errors saying that board and schematic are not consistent.

If have any ideas I take them ! Thank you for your time and your help

--

To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:

https://www.element14.com/community/message/270316

If you export the library then you still need to tell it to use the new

library. This is done under the library heading on the menu. If you want

to use the part from the newly exported library then use the Replace

command in the schematic.

For the incositencies run the ERC and it will tell you what does not match.

Doug

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Autodesk Guest

On 11/01/19 10:32, Rémy Silinski wrote:

Which version of Eagle?

When you replaced the component in the schematic, you did also have the

board open at the same time, I hope. If not, that's your problem. ALWAYS

keep both editors open together, so that the consistency is

automatically maintained.

Autodesk Guest

Am 12.01.2019 um 10:16 schrieb Rob Pearce:

On 11/01/19 10:32, Rémy Silinski wrote:

Which version of Eagle?

When you replaced the component in the schematic, you did also have the

board open at the same time, I hope. If not, that's your problem. ALWAYS

keep both editors open together, so that the consistency is

automatically maintained.

First check that the original files are consistent, then make a back up

of them!

If you work with inconsistent files you run into trouble with lots of work.

Then follow the advises given here before... and tell us your eagle

version number.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag

salomonreinach

Thank you for your answers ! I have the version 8.3.2. It works know, I started from a version without consistent errors and update the library.

Thanks again for your help