6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2019 1:08 AM by brendansimon

QEMU only works for one build

brendansimon

I'm running QEMU 2.80-4 on a Mac with Eclipse 2018-12.

When I start Eclipse, clean the my project, build my project, then run/debug my project it works perfectly.

I can run/debug many times.

If I clean the project again, then build, and run/debug it, QEMU fails to start.

If I restart Eclipse, or switch workspaces and back again (which seems similar to a restart), I can run/debug without any issues (no build required).

If I clean, build and run/debug again, QEMU fails.

The above can also be repeated with the C++ Blinky project.

This happens with GCC 7.3 and 8.2, and QEMU 2.80-3 and 2.80-4.

This is the error message when QEMU fails.

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:1234

Error message from debugger back end:

Remote replied unexpectedly to 'vMustReplyEmpty': PacketSize=1000;qXfer:features:read+

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:1234

Error message from debugger back end:

Remote replied unexpectedly to 'vMustReplyEmpty': PacketSize=1000;qXfer:features:read+

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Thanks, Brendan.

• Re: QEMU only works for one build
          brendansimon

The same setup on my Windows box is ok.  i.e. I don't see the above symptom.

I wonder if there is something screwed up in my Eclipse workspace?  I might try creating a new workspace on macos, create a new blinky project, and see what happens.

ilg

I tried on my mac and 3 qemu debug session in a row were ok.

first check if qemu is closed successfuly, or hangs and the next session is affected.

then install a new eclipse, somewhere in a temporary folder, (unpacked from the epp archive), create a fresh workspace and a new blinky app.

brendansimon

I started a new workspace, created a new Blinky, clean, build, etc => problem still exists.

I deleted my Eclipse install, reinstalled Eclipse and all my plugins, opened the new workspace, clean, build, etc => problem still exists.

I rebooted the computer (hadn't been rebooted for quite some time), opened the new workspace, clean, build, etc => PROBLEM SOLVED !!

Seems as though something got screwed up in my OS .... sigh ....