26 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 6:49 PM by dimiterk

Build me an Embedded Processing System and I'll Give You a Zynq®-7000 SoC ZC702 Evaluation Kit

rscasny

I was in the right place at the right time. I was asked, "I have two Zynq®-7000 SoC ZC702 Evaluation Kits, would you like them?" For one second I paused, and declared," YES!"

So, here I am, sitting at my desk in the element14 offices in Chicago with two fairly big boxes to giveaway to the right people. Don't know much about the Zynq®-7000 SoC ZC702 Evaluation Kit? Let me fill you in a bit: It has all components of hardware, design tools, IP, and pre-verified reference designs to enable you to build a complete embedded processing platform. It includes pre-verified reference designs and industry-standard FPGA Mezzanine Connectors (FMC) allow scaling and customization with daughter cards. A picture is worth a thousand, so here's a short video for you to take a look-

Here's the features and benefitsfeatures and benefits:

• Optimized for quickly prototyping embedded applications using Zynq-7000 SoCs
      • Hardware, design tools, IP, and pre-verified reference designs
      • Demonstrates a embedded design, targeting video pipeline
      • Advanced memory interface with 1GB DDR3 Component Memory
      • Enabling serial connectivity with USB OTG, UART, IIC, CAN Bus
      • Supports embedded processing with Dual ARM Cortex-A9 core processors
      • Develop networking applications with 10-100-1000 Mbps Ethernet (GMII, RGMII and SGMII)
      • Implement Video display applications with HDMI out
      • Expand I/O with the FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) interface

How to Get One of These Kits?

I'd like to get some ideas or proposals for an embedded project that uses these kits. Consider the proposals like a Design challenge for Programmable Devices -- something we haven't done yet. What would you build or Prototype? Tell me the how's and why's of it. I don't expect you to change the world, but I'd like to use these kits for a project with a WoW factor. Please enter your project idea in the comment section below.

Sincerely,

Randall Scasny

RoadTest Program Manager