2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2019 10:10 PM by techbrainstorm

Trouble with 7" touchscreen

techbrainstorm

I recently set up a 7" touchscreen with a Rpi and installed Raspbian OS installed. It boots up no problem, and brings me to the homescreen as I am used to.

However there is no response from the arrow or touchscreen.  Additionally, i was able to plug in a wireless mouse and keyboard and got no responses from the cursor or device.

Any ideas?

• Re: Trouble with 7" touchscreen
          shabaz

techbrainstorm  wrote:

i was able to plug in a wireless mouse and keyboard and got no responses from the cursor or device.

Any ideas?

Hi Dan,

That's worrisome, are you saying that you see the desktop appear (with menu at the top) on the 7inch display (this is the official capacitive 7" touchscreen product, right?) and then that image remains on the LCD screen, but it's completely unresponsive to the wireless keyboard and mouse?

I don't know the answer, others might, but just so you have at least one avenue to explore meanwhile, perhaps it could be a power supply issue. Is it one of those white "official" power supplies, or some other one? Older early Pi supplies, and some phone chargers (especially with thin USB cables) may not work reliably to operate both the Pi and its display. I cannot think of many scenarios that would freeze at the desktop screen, so I'm clutching at straws. Any chance you can try with a wired mouse or wired keyboard, just to eliminate that from the issue?

1 of 1 people found this helpful