3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2019 3:57 AM by weiwei2

Ultra96 V2 Has Been Released. What's it mean for the Roadtester?

rscasny

Last year I was very excited about roadtesting the original version of the Ultra96: Avnet Ultra96 Dev Board

It put a very powerful dev board, capable of Machine Learning, in the hands of some of our members. The reviews that we received were really incredible. you should take a look:

Avnet Ultra96 Dev Board - Review  1

Avnet Ultra96 Dev Board - Review  2

Avnet Ultra96 Dev Board - Review  3

Avnet Ultra96 Dev Board - Review  4

The obvious question is: What's Next?

Well, the answer came out today: Ultra96-V2. I am told that the V2 version is well suited for industrial-grade Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), automotive, and many other applications.

Like its predecessor, the Ultra96-V2 is an Arm-based, Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+™ MPSoC development board built on the Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition (CE) specification.

Ultra96-V2’s new feature is a Wi-Fi / Bluetooth radio module from Microchip that is Agency Certified in more than 75 countries. Wireless options include 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 5 Low Energy support.

All components of on the Ultra96-V2 to allow industrial temperature grade options so that the board can operate in harsh industrial applications.

Key Specs include:

• Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZU3EG A484
      • Micron 2 GB (512M x32) LPDDR4 Memory
      • Delkin 16 GB microSD card + adapter
      • PetaLinux environment available for download
      • Microchip Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
      • Mini DisplayPort (MiniDP or mDP)
      • 1x USB 3.0 Type Micro-B upstream port
      • 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0 Type A downstream ports
      • 40-pin 96Boards Low-speed expansion header
      • 60-pin 96Boards High-speed expansion header
      • 85mm x 54mm form factor
      • Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition compatible

We created a V2 group on the community. Go here to take a look: Ultra96 - V2

We are planning a webinar on porting v1 projects to the v2 version. I don't have a date on this. I'll keep you posted.

The big question is: Will we be roadtesting the V2? We are in the planning stage regarding what activities we will be doing with the V2. To keep in the loop, make sure you follow the RoadTest Group.

Sincerely,

Randall Scasny

RoadTest Program Manager