4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2019 1:58 PM by chicocybergoth

microDrum piezo pad help

chicocybergoth

Hi everyone, I am putting together a homemade electronic drums, after a lot of research I found the microDrum project, at first this seemed well produced and with enough functions, as I went deeper I realized that a lot of information is missing, the documentation is weak.

I was able to install on the Arduino, mount the circuit with the multiplexer, I can run the setup program, I can receive the data in the program.

But I was not able to use anything related to VST in it, I always get an error, so far I have not had any audio output from the system, and I have not yet worked with a standard MIDI port, I hope I have no problems. The MIDI signal is what interests to me.

The site cites "DrumScope" but there is no instruction, I can not get it to work.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem at the moment is the pads.

They are giving multiple shots or they are so slow that they lose beats, I can not find the sweet spot.

Because of the lack of instructions I do not quite understand what each of the configurations does.

I started to get worried about the construction of the pad itself, I'm using a training battery as a base, for each pad I put sponge on it, then a steel plate and then a rubber.

The piezo was glued to the steel plate.

I am worried that this steel plate is the problem, because it is very heavy, it is around 220g.

What do you think?

Thanks any help or info.

Thank you very much.

• Re: microDrum piezo pad help
          michaelkellett

I can't comment on your drum pads without some pictures or a drawing, and of course the schematic of the circuit the pad is connected to.

Do you have access to an oscilloscope ?

MK

• Re: microDrum piezo pad help
              chicocybergoth

Hello Michael.

Ok, I'm sending some images.

The training drum set (cat not included hahahah)

Pad front and side view.

Circuit diagram (same but just 1 mux).
              Circuit in breadboard.Pad output in the oscilloscope (I removed from the mux and connected the piezo directly to the oscilloscope).

It is a simple oscilloscope but I believe it is enough.

EDIT: I have noticed something about the circuit, the only difference is that 1M resistor at the left side, between the light blue and red lines, I have not understood it and not included.

I have connected the piezo to gnd and mux input directly.
              Also, I dont have the CD4851 so I'm using the CD4051.

Thanks for your answer.

The training drum set (cat not included hahahah)

Training drum set

Pad front

Pad front

Pad side

Pad side

Circuit diagram (same but just 1 mux)

.Circuit diagram (same but just 1 mux).

Circuit in breadboard.

Circuit in breadboard.

Pad output in the oscilloscope (I removed from the mux and connected the piezo directly to the oscilloscope).

Pad output in the oscilloscope

2 of 2 people found this helpful